Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Uniti Fiber Holdings is seeking an Accounting Director. The
Accounting Director position is responsible for ensuring integrity,
accuracy, and informational quality of financial records and
accounting activity and preparation of monthly financial statements
in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley/GAAP. This position is also
responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of
accounts payable, financial reporting, and lease accounting. This
position is located in Mobile, AL.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Manage Accounting & Reporting Manager, Accounts Payable Manager,
and Senior Lease Accountant to ensure deadlines are met and provide
guidance and development for jobs where needed.
* Complete month-end activities, including reviewing/approving
journal entries and reconciliations, communicating the close
schedule with Accounting users, and analyzing fluctuations in
results within the designated timeline and in accordance with
established SOX controls.
* Verify all intercompany accounts properly eliminate upon
* Provide notes for the monthly reporting package for distribution
to the Uniti Fiber management team.
* Review transactions with Accounting & Reporting Manager
throughout the month and during the close process to identify
potential reclasses and accruals.
* Provide documentation requested by internal and external auditors
in a timely manner.
* Become Subject Matter Expert for Oracle Fusion GL modules.
* Work with other Accounting users on complex transactions
requiring further research and documentation for accurate GAAP
* Manage the Uniti Dark Fiber entity entries and reporting.
* Internal control and policy documentation and review.
* Ad hoc projects and financial analysis to support key business
decisions and projects.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Works flexible hours and travels as needed
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with
exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask,
attention to detail, and effective communication skills both
written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong
interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a
fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates
with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or related field
* Master s Degree/CPA preferred
* ERP experience required; Oracle Fusion experience preferred
* 10+ years of month-end closing experience
* 5-7 years of management experience
* Proven ability to be self-motivated, work both collaboratively
and independently, and manage multiple projects
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft platforms including Word, Excel, and
* Positive and approachable attitude, strong work ethic, and
excellent organizational skills needed
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Sitting, standing, and walking
* Lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, bending, and stooping
* Hours involving overtime and weekends as necessary
* Keyboarding, typing
* Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling
device and/or a paper copy
* Ability to work multiple tasks in a stressful environment while
maintaining a positive and pleasant manner with others
* Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple
tasks in a fast-paced office environment
* Ability to travel up to 20%
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays, and
* Candidate must be a resident of the South Alabama area or willing
to relocate the Mobile/ Alabama Gulf Coast area.
Uniti provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Uniti, New Orleans , Accounting Director, Accounting, Auditing , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!