Controller- Dual Property
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Posting Date Apr 22, 2022
Job Number 22065013
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, 300
Julia Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
With more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries
Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps
guests stay connected and balanced. Working at Courtyard, you'll
ensure guests have a smooth, productive stay that meets their
personal and business needs. Find Your World--- at Courtyard by
JOB SUMMARYFunctions as the property's strategic financial business
leader. The position champions, develops and implements
property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet
or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand's target customer
and property employees. The position provides the financial
expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return
on investment. In addition, creates and executes a business plan
that is aligned with the property and brand's business strategy and
focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and
the delivery of desirable financial results.CANDIDATE
PROFILEEducation and Experience
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related
major; 2 years experience in the finance and accounting or related
- Master's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no
work experience required.CORE WORK ACTIVITIESEngaging in Strategic
Planning and Decision Making
- Analyzes financial data and market trends.
- Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and
creates annual budget plans.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales
against projected sales.
- Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and
benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted
wages for more efficient budget planning.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of
information by breaking down information or data into separate
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and
implement new business plans
- Protects and strengthens our competitive advantage by
advocating and supporting sound business and financial decision
- Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment
to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability.
- Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business
risks.Leading Accounting Teams
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Communicates the strategic goals, the focus and the owner
priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
- Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and
other departments managers' clear accountability backed by
- Holds staff accountable for successful performance.Developing
and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Supports property strategy from a finance and accounting
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery
- Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget
goals, team goals, etc.
- Ensures appropriate corrections are made to audit results if
- Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.Managing Projects and
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current,
collected and/or accrued.
- Generates and providing accurate and timely results in the form
of reports, presentations, etc.
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures
(SOPs and LSOPs).
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly
matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper
accounts).Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners,
corporate, guests, etc.).
- Understands the owners' perspective and ROI expectations.
- Anticipates and addresses owner needs and involves ownership in
- Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills
to influence the executive team, the property's strategies and to
lead own team.
- Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving
- Facilitates critique meetings to review information with
- Attends owners meetings in order to provide context and
explanation for financial results.
- Attends meetings and communicates with the owners,
understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the needs of all key
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive
manner that is easy to understand and drives desired
behaviors.Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
- Ensures new hires participate in the department's orientation
- Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to
successfully perform their job.
- Creates appropriate development plans which develop team
members based on their individual strengths, development needs,
career aspirations and abilities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, New Orleans , Controller- Dual Property, Accounting, Auditing , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!