Company: NOLA Public Schools
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 24, 2023
*NOLA Public Schools Vision*
The vision of the NOLA Public Schools is that every student receives a high-quality education that fosters their individual capabilities, while ensuring that they thrive and are prepared for civic, social, and economic success.
Under the supervision of the Senior Accountant, the Jr. Accountant will assist in daily operations and transactions for NOLA-PS.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily:
* Inputs and processes daily cash transactions for local, state, and federal funding;
* Records transactions from all investment activities;
* Assists Senior Accountant in account reconciliation;
* Assists in month and year end closing, which may include various accounting schedules and key performance indicators;
* Records journal entries for accounts receivable and prepaid insurance as needed;
* Assists with Student Activity processing;
* Works with internal/external auditors related to internal control analysis, month-end and year-end activities, and accruals and suggests improvements in processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of unit.
* Maintains filing system for all financial documents;
* Trains and cross-trains employees in existing and new procedures, set standards of performance and monitors performance; and
* Performs other duties as required.
*Education and Experience*
* 48 hours of college credited hours required. Bachelor's degreein a related preferred. Year of experience can be substituted.
* 1-3 years of accounting experience preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
* Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
* Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and the work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) part of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds rarely;
* Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals) rarely;
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
* Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
This position does not have direct reports.
The employee will be evaluated based on the above position using either two methods: via COMPASS or a NOLA-PS evaluating instrument. If the employee holds an Educational Leadership certification, he/she will be evaluated via COMPASS to ensure renewal of certification.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,400.00 - $60,400.00 per year
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
*NOLA Public Schools Vision*
Keywords: NOLA Public Schools, New Orleans , Jr. Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , New Orleans, Louisiana
here to apply!