Specialized Lending Admin
Company: Hancock Whitney
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 18, 2020
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the
button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in
with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to
your application information. You may review, modify, or update
your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
The primary responsibility of the Specialized Lending position is
to accurately set up the deal and facility structures on
participations, syndications, letter of credits, and new market tax
credit loans. Other duties include processing/creating notices for
other financial institutions, maintenance the accounts, balance
financials, creating spreadsheets, indexing imaged loan documents
and extensive communication with the Loan Officer, Lending
Assistants and other financial institutions. This includes managing
deals where the Bank is a participant or the lead agent. Balance
and ensure data is accurate for internal and external reporting and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepare and analyze all specialized loan packages for completion
* Support closing and funding activities; process funding requests
in accordance with the loan agreement; perform due diligence to
ensure funding is within guidelines and availability is
* Set-up deal and facility structures on participations,
syndications, letter of credits, and new market tax credit
* Establish and onboard borrowers, guarantors, facilities, fees,
and loan conversions in accordance to the credit agency agreement
or pursuant to internal processes, procedures or requests from the
* Transact rollovers, conversions, rate changes, extensions, and
modifications in accordance with the credit agency agreement, agent
bank and/or customer instructions.
* Prepare timely notifications to member banks for pro-rata share
of the funding; ensure receipt of member bank funds; remit customer
funds as instructed.
* Post payments due and/or received from the borrower or agent
* Research and clear outstanding reconciliation items.
* Ensure all existing critical issues pertaining to the
administration form are addressed prior to or at loan closing.
* Develop and maintain a strong, interactive and effective
partnership with Relationship Managers and associates.
* Assign appropriate loan and credit portfolio codes applicable to
customer, loan type, purpose, collateral, etc.
* Review delinquency reports and follow-up with lead banks and/or
RM s for payments due.
* Research, resolve and respond to customer/partner questions,
issues and complaints in a timely manner.
* Process Letter of Credit transactions and assist with researching
and resolving related issues.
* Provide payoff quotes/letters to on participations, syndications
and New Market Tax Credit Loans.
* Escalate critical issues to management, the Business Line and/or
* Identify and/or recommend process change efficiencies to improve
current departmental processes/procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or GED, Associate s Degree or Vocational
Certification highly preferred
* 2+ years of Loan Operations/Operations experience.
* Preferred 2+ years of syndication and participation processing
* Excellent knowledge of commercial loans and commercial
* No certification, licensure or registrations are required to
successfully apply for this job; however, the following
certifications from Hancock Bank s Computer Based Training (CBT)
are required, if applicable, once in this position:
Certification in Banking Regulations (Reg. B, Reg. CC, Reg. O, Reg.
Certification in HMDA Compliance
Certification in CRA, RESPA, RMR Regulations
* Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to multitask and work in a high pressure environment.
* Proficient operation of Microsoft Office Products such as Word,
Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to
communicate effectively with customers and bank personnel.
* Must be able to establish and maintain a high level of
credibility with all levels of internal and external customers.
* Detail oriented.
* Ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Ability to make autonomous decisions.
* Excellent organizational/planning/project management skills
* Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences
and multiple levels of management
* Possesses strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual
* Ability to formulate sound conclusions and recommend optimal
course of action based on analysis
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate a keyboard if required to perform the
essential job functions
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform
the essential job functions
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to
perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to
lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing
the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be
accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of
disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran,
disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock Whitney, New Orleans , Specialized Lending Admin, Administration, Clerical , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!