Assistant Business Office Manager
Company: Consulate Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Assistant BOM, you are entrusted with
the responsibility of caring for our residents, families,
co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in
all interactions, Consulate Health Care's five core values of
Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary
purpose of your job position is to manage the facility accounts
receivable system. You are entrusted to provide innovative,
responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new
ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes
to achieve superior results.
As Assistant BOM, you are delegated the administrative authority,
responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your
assigned duties. Responsible for managing the facility accounts
receivable system. The position focuses on the billing of all payor
classes. This job description does not list all the duties of the
job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform
other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your
performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The
employer has the right to revise this job description at any time,
for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Record daily collection of cash receipts and deposit to
- Prepare deposits, posting entries in the accounting
- Establish and maintain communication with resident, family
members and others responsible for payment for resident care
services. Assure all are kept current about account status.
- Analyze account activity and prepare interest calculation and
- Generate timely billing of payor classes.
- Responsible for the generation and submission of all network
and insurance, claims, statements on a timely basis.
- Produce UB92's for all Medicare and contract resident as well
as for Medicare demand billings.
- Complete month end close in a timely manner.
- Keep AFA up to date with current provider/pay status.
- Adhere to established reporting procedures to ensure that the
- Maintain current and accurate computer data.
- Attend meeting and inservice training sessions, as
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in
facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care's five core values of compassion,
honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into
one's daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and
integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction
with co- workers, residents, families and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care
Liaison duties as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high-school diploma or its
equivalent. Two-year degree preferred.
Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in bookkeeping
or accounting practices. Experience in health care accounting
preferred but not required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
language and possess good communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Must be able to type 45 words per minute, and use a 10-key
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and
procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing sound accounting
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm,
as well as be willing to handle residents, staff, and visitors
based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing accounting
- Must be knowledgeable of computers, data entry/retrieval,
- Must possess the ability to examine and verify financial
documents and reports.
- Must be able to prepare financial and other records in a
systematic, neat, and legible manner.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel,
visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, personnel, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays,
and on other shifts when necessary.
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g.,
severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors,
etc., throughout the workday, as well as reactions from dust,
disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including TB and AIDS and Hepatitis B
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and
other department directors.
Keywords: Consulate Healthcare, New Orleans , Assistant Business Office Manager, Administration, Clerical , Franklinton, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!