Engineering Department Manager
Company: ASR Group
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: February 25, 2021
ASR Group is the world's largest refiner and marketer of cane
sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million
tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery,
industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across
North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries,
located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and
Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar
refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates
mills in Mexico and Belize. The company's brand portfolio includes
the leading brands Domino--, C&H--, Redpath--, Tate & Lyle--,
Lyle's-- and Sidul--. OVERVIEW The Engineering Manager must have
the ability to lead/coordinate/manage, maintenance, repair,
programs and projects. In this position, he/she will be responsible
for managing a team of engineers, supervisors and technicians to
maintain safe, reliable, efficient operation of the refinery.
He/she will report directly to the Refinery Manager and work in a
team environment with the other department heads.. DETAILED ROLES &
- Oversee the implementation of and maintenance of the predictive
and preventative maintenance programs and other reliability
- Manage the reliability engineer and develop this role into
integral part of the overall maintenance program
- Manage the Boiler & Power House Engineer. Work with him or her
and their staff to insure the continued safe, reliable, efficient
operation of the boiler and power station.
- Manage the Maintenance Superintendent and his staff to insure
that all preventive maintenance, work orders etc. are completed in
a timely manner.
- Manage the Electrical Engineer and maintain plant electrical
- Manage the Controls Engineering Group and maintain the plant
- Work with the other department heads on both daily and long
term plans to insure that all of the various department's goals are
- Prepare and administer the departments daily budget, work with
the other department heads and the refinery manger to determine a
major repair budget and capital budget for the refinery
- Work closely with the Safety, Environmental and Quality teams
to ensure the refinery's goals in these areas are attained.
- Work with the corporate engineering team to develop capital
projects, oversee the installation of new equipment and systems. Be
involved with equipment vendor and contractor selection for
- Be familiar with all federal and state safety compliance
programs such as lockout tag out, confined space, burning and
welding, etc. Responsible for all engineering department safety
- Be familiar with all federal, state and local environmental
programs such as Title 5, SPCC, and hazmat.
- Provide training and personnel develop to both new and existing
employees in both technology, work practices, etc.
- Build and maintain a teamwork oriented philosophy and hold team
members accountable for their performance
- Provide the necessary individual counseling of employees whose
performance does not meet acceptable standards and take appropriate
- Keep current with technological changes that can improve the
performance of equipment, promote a safer more efficient work
- Keep abreast of current laws and changes being made that may
affect the operation of the maintenance department i.e. ARC Flash.
- Minimum--5 years' experience in an manufacturing environment -
demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Minimal travel less than 5%, some weekend and after hours, work
may be required especially during outages for project's or
- Experience with SAP and SAP maintenance module or similar
- Experience in managing projects and working with both vendors
and contractors. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Engineering: B.Ch.E., BSEE, BSME.
- PE not required LOCATION OF ROLE Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with
Keywords: ASR Group, New Orleans , Engineering Department Manager, Engineering , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!