Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranSign-On Bonus: $5,000Paid $500
Quarterly Tool AllowancePay Range: $25-30What is the value of a WM
job?The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It's a way to
create opportunities for you and your family.We Are Stable: -Our WM
team is home every day, and our team members -perform essential and
meaningful work.We Are Committed to Growth: -100% tuition paid for
benefits eligible employees and -their family, and established
career progression.We Are Investing in You: -Amazing Medical,
Dental & Vision, 401K with match, discounted stock options,
dependent day care, and more!Who are we? #WeAreWMReady to roll with
us? - Click Apply to join the Waste Management team today.Waste
Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of
comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We
are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence,
professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million
customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal
markets throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production projects.Tired of just doing
preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready
to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high
level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern
maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that
right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for
your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our
Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance on both
diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of
CNG trucks. We care about our Mechanic's safety and show it by
demanding solid safety practices of all our Mechanics and managers.
Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits,
rewards - check us out, we may be the company for you.I. Job
SummaryUnder general supervision, performs preventive maintenance
services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and
equipment.II. Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written
instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and
requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis
job has no supervisory duties.IV. QualificationsThe requirements
listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to
perform the job.A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience.B.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
physical.C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.V. Work EnvironmentListed below are key points
regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
often;Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance
shop.BenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the
opportunity that you have been looking for, please click
Keywords: Waste Management, New Orleans , Diesel Technician, Engineering , Harvey, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!