Location: New Orleans
Posted on: August 7, 2022
This Jobot Job is hosted by Tommy Pham
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $24 - $31 per hour
A Bit About Us
We are a fully integrated, sustainable energy services provider to
higher education & healthcare campuses, cities, and communities,
with utility infrastructures serving more than 130 million square
feet of space and operations in 8 cities across the United States
and growing. In each community, the company operates highly
efficient and innovative utility infrastructures that produce and
distribute electricity, steam, hot water and / or chilled water to
customer buildings and campuses. Customers connected to these
systems enjoy multiple benefits including reduced operating costs,
lower emissions and unmatched reliability. The Company is a wholly
owned subsidiary of a global Infrastructure Investment Consortium
with unmatched financial wherewithal and manages a portfolio of
long-life, high quality infrastructure assets with high barriers to
entry that generate stable and growing cash flows.
A stationary engineer position supporting a district energy plant
(steam, hot water and chilled water) serving hospitals in the New
Orleans Medical Center.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter that enjoys working
in a fast-paced environment, strong commitment to deadlines and
team, is process oriented with a high sense of ownership in their
work, possesses a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operating and maintaining boilers, chillers, cooling towers,
evaporative coolers, ice water storage, pumps, fans, RO systems,
water softeners, switchgear, MCC, feed water pumps, condensate
system, steam induction pumps, isolation and control valves, a
Delta V human machine interface (HMI), diesel pumps, tanks,
generators, air compressors, water lab testing, and willing to
safely handle chemicals.
- Will assist in controlling chilled water, steam, condensate and
cooling tower process parameters
- Must be proficient in the use of various hand tools including
but not limited to; wrenches, ratchets, sockets, screwdrivers,
power tools, pliers, tape measures, rules, multi-meters, grinders,
files, torches, hammers, saws and all other types of pneumatic
- Must be work with PVC piping of all sizes, climb ladders, work
over head, work in confined spaces, work outdoors and indoors, work
in heat, cold, windy and dusty environments.
- Will be responsible in reading pressure and temperature gauges,
work with all types of lab equipment, thermometers and various
types of flow meters. Will complete maintenance work orders
utilizing a computerized maintenance management system.
- Will be responsible to review and approve equipment logs. Must
be able to troubleshoot, maintain, align and repair; pumps, pumps
seals, drive couplings, 110/220 VAC Systems, Controls, VAV, FCU,
AHU, cooling towers, gear boxes, belts, sheaves and general
- Will be required to make direct process decisions that affect
the performance of the plant and attached customers.
- Will work alone with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Must willing to wear all types of PPE including; hearing
protection, eye protection, all types of hand protection, steel toe
foot wear, head protection, wear fall-protection, half-face and
Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
The Business has a consistent and dedicated focus on a proactive
safety culture. HSE is the responsibility of everyone in the
Your accountability for HSE also includes
- Promote, ensure, and maintain a safe and healthy environment
for your fellow workers and yourself so that everyone goes home
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational
Health and Safety Act, Industrial Regulations, Environmental
Protection Act and Regulations and HSE policies, programs, and
- Responsible for identifying and reporting workplace HSE hazards
and concerns to your supervisor immediately and providing solutions
(if aware of any) to address these concerns as requested, and
- Immediate reporting of all work-related injuries/illness to
Why join us?
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- 401k Match
- Career Advancement
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have a minimum four-years as a stationary engineer.
- Must have a universal EPA refrigerant certification.
- Must have a Minimum education is a high school diploma or
- Minimum Class 2 stationary engineering certificate issued by
the city of New Orleans for Boilers - Air Conditioning,
Refrigeration - Turbines and Internal Combustion.
- Must be comfortable and proficient in reading, writing and
- Must be able to work alone with minimal guidance and
- Must be able to clearly see and differentiate all colors.
- Must be able to walk, stoop, climb, lift and carry up to 100
- Must work nights, days, weekends and holidays.
- Will be expected to report and work during hurricanes, storms,
high winds or other natural disasters.
- May be assigned to work on a rotating 12-hour shift.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of Criminal Background Check and Drug
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of
vaccination. Fully vaccinated is defined in accordance with CDC
guidelines. Currently, it is defined as having received the
completed series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized by
the FDA and having received the final dose at least 14 days before
your employment start date.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, New Orleans , Stationary Engineer, Engineering , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!