Company: New Orleans Aerial Tours & Flight Training LLC
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Why should you choose to fly with New Orleans Aerial Tours &
Flight Training? We're small, but successful. We're enthusiastic.
And we're fun!
We are looking for experienced, talented Aircraft Mechanics to join
our team. NOAT&FT seeks mechanics to ensure our single and
twin-engine aircraft are airworthy and ready to serve our students
and tour clients. NOAT&FT also seeks mechanics that enjoy
troubleshooting to find the right fix to keep our birds in the
The person hired for this full-time position is responsible for 1)
routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, emergency
maintenance, and inspections on our fleet of fixed-wing aircraft
(Cessna & Piper); 2) reviewing and ensuring all required entries
into the aircraft maintenance logbooks and permanent records are
accurate and meet company and FAA requirements; and 3) coordinating
scheduled maintenance to ensure minimal downtime.
- Maintain all aircraft in a safe, clean, and
- Perform 50-hour, 100-hour, and other scheduled maintenance on
fleet of Cessna and Piper aircraft.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair and perform maintenance on
aircraft per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
- Complete Aircraft Condition Reports when squawk has been
- Perform all work in a safe and timely manner.
- Be able to perform fluid system checks and oil analysis on all
- Be able to remove and replace aircraft cylinders, engines,
propellers, and other components.
- Use tools such as torches, wrenches, screwdrivers, bolt
cutters, pliers, and fuel and oil gauges to perform maintenance; be
able to remove and replace aircraft engines, propellers and other
- Be able to repair or replace aircraft parts that have been
damaged or worn out; for example, a landing gear assembly or a
- Use hand and power tools such as drills and power
screwdrivers.Properly care for and use tools and equipment for
- Perform routine maintenance on the aircraft's interior
- Maintain the work area in a safe, clean, and operative
condition and ensure all tools and parts are accounted for at the
end of each task.
- Maintain aircraft logbooks, checklist verifications, status
reports, and administrative data as required. -Update online and
in-office maintenance tracking.
- Order and maintain parts inventory.
Pay and Benefits:
- up to $25-30 per hour; salary possible for qualified
- Two days off per week
- Closed all major holidays
- High School Diploma required
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- FAA Aircraft Mechanic Certificate (A&P) required
- 2 years' experience in GA Maintenance Preferred
- FAA Aircraft Mechanic Inspection Authorization Certificate (IA)
- Exceptional communication skills and capability to follow
written/verbal instructions and documented procedures
- Pre-employment drug screen required
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Excel, and internet navigation.
- Schedule flexibility, occasional weekends needed - We fly 7
days a week and our students (and tour guests) are very important
to us, so we strive to be flexible to meet their needs. Almost 99%
of our scheduled maintenance will happen during regular work days,
M-F; however, we may need help after hours or on weekends for
Send application updates to:
Keywords: New Orleans Aerial Tours & Flight Training LLC, New Orleans , Aircraft Mechanic, Engineering , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!