Mechanical Engineer Principal
Company: Audubon Companies
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Audubon is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer, Principal to
join our team in our Metairie, LA Office. The Mechanical Engineer,
Principal will perform mechanical engineering assignments
associated with designing equipment, components, structures or
- Independently prepare advanced level specifications for project
assignments detailing client performance requirements, specific
component needs, design requirements, applicable design codes, and
vendor drawing requirements.
- Prepare engineering sketches, perform engineering calculations
and develop analysis models for moderately complex project
- Review and/or approve vendor drawings for compliance with
- Interact and communicate effectively with clients,
subcontractors, vendors and other consultants.
- Set realistic expectations and ensure assigned projects are
completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Adhere to company quality standards and follow engineering
checking and approval procedures.
- Comply with all company and client health, safety, security and
environmental (HSSE) standards as well as federal and local HSSE
- Actively participate in company and client hazard
identification and observation programs, and immediately report any
unsafe acts, conditions or incidents to your supervisor.
- Interact with drafting/design group to develop and review
- Visit job-sites to evaluate site, project requirements, and
- Visit vendor facilities to inspect equipment for compliance
- Prepare inquiry and purchase requisitions as well as bid
tabulations associated with equipment purchases.
- Perform checking of engineering drawings and mathematical
- Adhere to safe design practices, while focusing on identifying
cost saving opportunities.
- Plan and manage workload, budgets and project resources,
requesting assistance as necessary.
- Develop, review and/or approve conceptual and detailed
engineering design packages.
- Assist in the development of internal design guidelines,
specifications, and design control procedures.
- Assess feasibility of projects by assessing materials, costs
and time requirements, applying knowledge and techniques of
engineering and advanced mathematics. Utilize complex and
- Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports,
specifications, plans, and/or construction schedules for
- Analyze and examine different strategies, equations and
applications to ensure appropriate procedures are applied and/or
utilized. Resolve design and development issues.
- Manage client relationships and develop repeat business
- Compile discipline-specific man-hour estimates and Total
Installed Cost estimates based on client provided project
- Manage and forecast man-hour requirements and schedules
associated with discipline-specific project scope.
- Assess challenges and potential risks of planned projects,
including construction costs, government regulations, potential
environmental hazards and other factors.
- Undertake initiatives for risk management and appropriate steps
to address it.
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies including site
- May lead large scope multi-discipline projects and manage day
to day workflow within a group or project; may delegate
assignments, distribute workload, establish work deadlines, and
issue reports to immediate supervisor regarding completion of
- Responsible for providing feedback to immediate supervisor
regarding co-worker's performance and any work related issues,
including those that might lead to disciplinary actions.
- Provide advice and assistance on work techniques, best
practices, and subject matter expertise to co-workers.
- Serve as Engineer in Responsible Charge as assigned, and adhere
to regulations regarding PE sealingEXPERIENCE AND SKILL
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required.
- Bachelor's Degree from ABET Accredited Institution
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- PE license required.
- Field experience required.
- Industry experience required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience preferred.
- Large multi-discipline project lead engineer experience
- Caesar II, NozzlePRO and/or PIPE-FLO software experience
- Working knowledge of the design of piping systems and process
- Working knowledge of piping, pressure vessel and equipment
codes (ASME, API, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or
reach a goal.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work
- Ability to comprehend instructions and request clarification as
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in
- Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
No Recruiters, please!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Working at Audubon
Client-focused. People-powered. Safety-driven.
The Audubon Family of Companies provides professional consulting
solutions to the energy industry. For over 25 years, our proven
reputation for operational excellence and dedication to client
satisfaction has helped us become a leading service provider to
some of the biggest names in oil and gas. Our team of over 1,000 of
the country's top professionals can deliver a full range of
consulting services, from EPCM to field solutions and operational
At Audubon we are always growing, though we never lose sight of our
commitment to excellence. Our focus on flexibility and our demand
for unsurpassed quality control over continue to guide our growth
as they have since our inception. We realize that service goes
beyond plugging in a professional skill set. Service means
flexibility. Service means understanding and solving project
challenges in dynamic environments. Service means communication. We
pride ourselves on providing the service of the quality which
allows us to implement efficient solutions that deliver immediate
value and long-term returns.
Our dedication to people requires an equal dedication to safety.
Our rigorous safety program helps us maintain a safe and
incident-free work environment from the desktop to the pipeline
trench. Our people drive the quality and efficiency that have
established Audubon as a leader in the oil and gas industry - their
growth and safety are at the core of our business.
Keywords: Audubon Companies, New Orleans , Mechanical Engineer Principal, Engineering , Metairie, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...