Company: Sparrows Group
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Based out of Houma, LA office MAIN PURPOSE: Perform all aspects
of crane service in the field and in the shop. REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Understand basic operations of mechanics.
- Understand basic operations of hydraulics.
- Communication skills both oral and written.
- Must be familiar with crane rigging procedures.
- Good driving record.
- Able to perform tasks independently.
- Must have own hand tools. EDUCATION:
- High School diploma or Equivalent MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic cranes.
- Repair winches, valves, engines and hydraulic components.
- Carry out preventative maintenance program for offshore
- Observe competitive activities.
- Contribute to company image and reputation.
- Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
- Maintain and follow driving guidelines for assigned company
- Must be able to identify most types of crane components.
- Complete all paperwork thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
- Know and understand Sparrows Offshore' Quality Policy and
comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual,
Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental
- Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the
physical constraints of the job.
- Perform electrical parts changeout, some electrical
troubleshoot HSEQ RESPONSIBILITIES: It is mandatory that the
incumbent is familiar with and follows the Company's Policy for
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and takes an active part in
the compliance and improvement of the Management Systems to
maintain our system certification. The incumbent must report any
accidents, incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems
with products, services or systems to the HSE (Q) Department
Manager. The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under
country-specific health and safety legislation to follow all
Company policies, procedures, guidelines, control measures, signage
and permit conditions and to know what to do in an emergency. The
incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety
arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting
them while on the Company premises. SUPPORTING A FIRST CLASS SAFETY
CULTURE AND ENSURING ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE
- Lead by example and communicate to all of their personnel that
safe work and safe operations is an absolute requirement and not
just an option.
- Intervening whenever they see a violation and holding a one to
- Taking part in Workplace Safety Reviews and observation
programmes on a regular basis and reporting findings to the HSE (Q)
- Ensuring that HS&E risks in their business area are
assessed, documented and that the control measures are communicated
effectively to the workforce to prevent accidents and
- Ensuring that any incidents in their business area are reported
immediately and thoroughly investigated.
- Seeking the advice and guidance of the VP,HSEQ to address any
potential or actual issues.
- Ensuring that any spills are dealt with by prompt emergency
response to prevent pollution from reaching ground water and are
reported promptly to the HSE (Q ) Department. GENERAL: The above
responsibilities are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the
incumbent may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate
alternative or additional duties as may be required which are
within their capability and competence.
Keywords: Sparrows Group, New Orleans , Offshore Mechanic, Engineering , Houma, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...