Dev Ops Engineer
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job Description:DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world's leading
independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients
harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the
merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett
Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and
public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology
independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine
to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC
Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens
globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex
web application stack
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated
tooling to do so
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level
- Build and Configure Cloud environments;
- Supporting development teams with configuring applications for
- Software packaging, development of RPMs;
- Installation; configuration and integration of Apps across the
- Ability to analyze and fault find often complex technical
issues including network and db connectivity;
- Liaising with third party Development Architects to resolve
"discrepancies in build issues";
- Investigating issues with infrastructure for all services;
- Assisting and contributing to plans and running orders to
document all activities;
- Identifying and rectifying build / deployment problems;
- Collaborating with other parties and stakeholders to complete
- Ensuring all build documentation is up to date under change
control and is baselined with Configuration Management.
- Out of hours working will be required
- Strong technical background - predominantly in Unix and Red Hat
Linux. Proven working knowledge and experience in Unix (IBM AIX),
Red Hat Linux and Scripting.
- Cloud Technologies and platforms including AWS, Azure & Hybrid
- Experience in the installation and configuration of a number of
the software packages including IBM Websphere Application Server;
Weblogic; Websphere MQ; WODM; BPM; JBoss; Informatica; Siebel; SFTP
Plus; Axway; Oracle OPA.
- Excellent technical analytical skills and experience with
software packaging and application integration.
- Proven experience in technical automation and tools, including
HPE CSA, SA, OO as well as Chef, Puppet, Git. Knowledge and
experience of RPMS would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of the Atlasian Software Suite,
including JIRA, Confluence, bit bucket etc.
- Ability to work in a disciplined environment and to meet
challenging deadlines, under pressure.
- Understanding / previous experience working with Agile
- Effective interpersonal skills. Ability to work unsupervised
and with a self start mentality.
- Must be prepared to work extended support hours and this will
include weekend working
- **Note this is not a Systems Admin Role
- Installing and configuring Sun One Directory (LDAP), SQL, MQ
WorkFlow, IBM Business Process Monitor, Business Objects, Perl, SSL
Configuration and Certificate Handling, Understanding of Networks,
JAVA. Knowledge and experience of Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes,
Ansible and other dev ops tooling
- Specific knowledge and experience of installing and configuring
the aforementioned applications.
- Understanding and knowledge of network security and layer 7
security devices. Experience and knowledge of Forum Sentry,
Datapower L7 devices, HIPS intrusion detection systems would be
- Windows / Active Directory experience would also prove
Keywords: DXC, New Orleans , Dev Ops Engineer, Engineering , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!