Business Intelligence Analyst- Wealth Management
Company: Hancock Whitney
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on
the button above. You will be required to create an account (or
sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you
access to your application information. You may review, modify, or
update your information by visiting and logging into your
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Apply architectural concepts to design technological solutions that
meet customer, operational and reporting requirements, leveraging
existing technologies when possible, and ensure that new solutions
are designed for optimal usefulness. Assist in the definition,
creation, and distribution of enterprise business intelligence
reporting. Maintain knowledge of current BI tools, methods and best
practices, and recommend and implement process improvements.
Support current and future information and reporting needs,
distributed via electronically or paper-based, at various levels of
the organization. Assist in the development and automation of
efficient reporting processes and information
retrieval/distribution. Actively participate in consistent
development, testing, and release cycles for promotion of new
information/reports to production environments. Position supports
initiatives of our One Wealth team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Translates business issues into analyses and designs appropriate
systems extracts, files, and reports to address business
* Supports current and future Profitability Reporting, including
organizational, line of business, customer, officer, and other
segments, and ensure timely delivery.
* Determine any trends, either positive or negative, in the loan
and deposit portfolios and researches the reason and implications
of such changes(s).
* Implements the overall strategy for implementation of complex
requests for data, including loan and deposit portfolio analytical
* Continuously works towards maintaining and improving business
intelligence capabilities & systems resources including the OFSAA
information repository, credit analytics, MCIF system, and other
systems as available.
* Reports template maintenance and updating for package/information
* Executes automation reporting strategy.
* Assists in development, roll-out, and maintenance of dashboards,
for both executive and management reporting, across the
* Develops customer, product, segment, and line of business reports
and business intelligence analysis.
* Executes business intelligence development and release cycle,
with intake and priority review, and communicates to business and
* Works with data management team to identify and document data
gaps necessary for information requests and enhancements, and
assists in validation once delivered.
* Additional Duties:
* Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal,
state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations
including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, or related field
required; master s degree preferred
* At least 1 - 3 years experience in bank reporting and
* An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
may be considered
* Understanding of banking, financial services, and/or investment
* Advanced understanding of financial reporting and analytics
* Understanding of reporting tools and platforms, specifically but
not limited to Power BI, Financial Reporting Studio, Oracle
Business Intelligence, and Hyperion Essbase SmartView, among
* Experience in development and execution through project framework
for Business Intelligence and enterprise Informational Delivery
* Ability to understand complex financial statistics and
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word,
Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 25 pounds if required to
perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to
lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing
the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be
accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical
This job description is only valid as of the date it was revised.
Please contact the HR Compensation Department to obtain the latest
version. Information contained herein should be treated as
confidential to Hancock Whitney.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO
ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of
disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran,
disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock Whitney, New Orleans , Business Intelligence Analyst- Wealth Management, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!