Medical Director of Center Mon-Fri No Nights or Weekends (Physician #)
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: November 22, 2020
For seniors most in need of care, high quality health care is
too often beyond reach. JenCare Senior Medical Center a ChenMed
Company is a national leader in value-based, primary care that was
founded to bring concierge-style medicine - and better health
outcomes - to the neediest populations. ChenMed is a senior focused
primary care organization, in Ten U.S. markets through its 70+
senior medical centers. As a fully capitated Medicare Advantage
provider, ChenMed provides a concierge level of care with minimal
to no expense to the beneficiary. Due to our success, we continue
to grow and will be hiring a highly qualified Internal Medicine,
Family Medicine, Geriatricians or DO's to join our team as a
Medical Director of Center at out Mid-City location- New Orleans,
LA! As a leader in preventive, value-based care we are seeking
physicians and clinicians who appreciate senior patients, excel in
a collaborate environment and strive for positive outcomes for
their patients Practice Profile
- Primary care practice model assuming full risk and
accountability for patient outcomes
- PCPs serve as the quarterbacks or general managers for total
- Care team including dedicated nurses and cases management
social workers that support physicians, so they can remain at the
center of patient care
- Transitional care team that includes full scope of in-house
- On-site lab and prescription dispensary
- Patient concierge services including transportation to and from
appointments, prescription delivery, holistic health services
including acupuncture, yoga and tai chi and nutrition
- Our Physicians Enjoy
- Small patient panel size: 420 patients (our physicians see
patients an average of once per month)
- Highly competative Comp package that leads the Market
- Monday - Friday schedule, no nights or weekends
- Practice call - telephonic only and only 2-3 week blocks per
- Comprehensive benefits and retirement package
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- CME allowance
- Unique, hands-on, three-week orientation program
- Blackbelt and leadership development training
- Partnership opportunity after one year of practice The Medical
Director, Center is specifically responsible for executing the
ChenMed Way and core model in his/her assigned center.
- Under the direction of the Market Chief Medical Officer (MCMO),
the Medical Director, Center will directly supervise, performance
manage and train primary care physicians (PCPs) in his/her assigned
center. The incumbent in this role is accountable for maximizing
overall clinical value while engaging physicians to improve
clinical quality, efficiency, outcomes and physician/patient
satisfaction. In addition to being accountable for the overall
clinical outcomes of his/her assigned center, he/she will also
assist the MCMO in managing day-to-day clinical and business
operations and building positive relationships with providers and
key stakeholders for all ChenMed/JenCare/Dedicated Senior Medical
Centers within the market.
The Medical Director, Center will have approximately 70-90% of time
allocated to direct patient care as a PCP and/or other clinical
duties, and approximately 10-30% of time allocated to leadership
responsibilities, depending on market needs, size of center,
patient membership and MCMO direction. The Medical Director, Center
may have up to 12 direct reports. ESSENTIAL JOB
- Delivers outstanding clinical outcomes and service to patient
panel as a PCP.
- Directs accountability for clinical outcomes and day-to-day
management of PCPs in one (1) center in the market, with regular
presence in the center under direct management, and under the
supervision of the MCMO.
- Manages, mentors and coaches PCPs in his/her assigned center to
deliver outstanding clinical outcomes.
- Oversees and facilitates talent development of the PCPs in
his/her center including, but not limited to: leading facilitated
practice (physician shadowing/coaching), conducting 1:1s with
direct reports, executing leadership development plans and
- Cultivates a center-level physician culture that is fully
aligned with and delivering on the ChenMed core model, core values
& behaviors and service standards.
- Assists MCMO in training of new practitioners.
- Assists MCMO with recruiting and interviewing PCP and
specialist candidates (Note: MCMO makes hiring decisions).
- Reviews/approves center-level referrals and provides back-up
for market referral and delegated utilization authorizations.
- Leads physician meetings, training and education of PCPs within
- Partners with center manager to co-lead center stand-ups and
deliver exceptional patient care across their respective
- Participates in center and team meetings and leads focused
clinical discussions in market huddles, super-huddles, physician
meetings and may participate in external meetings.
- Accountable for appropriate management of hospital sick days
for assigned center as follows: reviews inpatient census daily,
delivers feedback to PCPs and ensures PCPs are keeping in contact
with hospitalized patients and hospitalists; facilitates review of
inpatients and other high priority patients during super huddle,
accountable for discharged patients being seen and coaches PCP on
appropriate flagging of high priority patients.
- Manages clinical teams to deliver VIP service, standards of
care and quality guidelines, HEDIS/STARS, high-risk disease
detection and high-risk disease management and other evidence based
medicine. Other duties as assigned and modified at MCMO's
discretion, which may include:
- Assists MCMO with market quality and performance improvement
- Oversees monthly scorecard reviews and in conjunction with the
MCMO delivery of quarterly CSE analysis.
- Provides training in other ChenMed entities, as needed.
- Develops deep relationships with providers and key stakeholders
in the market.
- Uses the understanding of the local market dynamics to drive
- Builds clinical credibility and trust to deepen
- May be asked to assist and coordinate, in conjunction with the
transition of care team; hospital, SNF, post-acute, UM, and
home-based services for the market.
- Assists with implementation of cost reduction and market
- Other key relationships: Center Manager, Market Clinical
Manager, other cross-functional market leaders, external
sub-specialists and providers in hospitals and post-acute care
facilities. Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs,
family practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: ChenMed, New Orleans , Medical Director of Center Mon-Fri No Nights or Weekends (Physician #), Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!