Chief Financial Officer (KREWE)
Company: EMERGING BLUE
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 16, 2022
KREWE is an independent high-fashion eyewear company inspired by
the creativity and spirit of New Orleans, our hometown. Since
launching in 2013 the brand has continued to grow and evolve with
an extensive offering of unique, hand-crafted sun and optical
frames designed in New Orleans and crafted with the utmost
attention to detail. In addition to 3 brick & mortar locations, 12
"Tiny House" concept stores, and a robust ecommerce business the
brand is also available at many notable retailers such as
Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and shopbop. KREWE's
unique approach to eyewear has created a cult-following amongst
consumers and influencers alike. Our frames have appeared in
publications from GQ to VOGUE and on celebrities such as Beyonce,
Gigi Hadid, Meghan Markle, Carrie Underwood, Hailey Bieber, Zayne
Malik, Scott Disick, Adam Huber, among others. As the business
grows, we are seeking smart, creative, and experienced individuals
to join our talented team! Key attributes and qualities we are
looking for in candidates for all open roles: Entrepreneurial
spirit, innovative and solution-oriented, adaptable and resilient,
best-practices methodology, team-oriented with a lean-in attitude,
highest standards for execution, and a high level of
About the Role:The Chief Financial Officer will direct and oversee
the financial activities of the corporation, directing the
preparation of financial reports, forecasts, and budgets. They will
partner with sales and operational leadership in development of
strategic growth initiatives providing valuable insights to inform
decisions. In addition, they will support the Founder (owner) of
KREWE in ensuring entity structure and tax strategy are
Responsibilities:Lead Finance, Accounting, Legal, and Human
Resources functions within the business, specifically:BUSINESS
STRUCTURE / TAX / FINANCING
- Assess and recommend best entity structure for existing
business activities and anticipated future investments or needs,
managing any changes through execution.
- Lead evolution of tax structure including on-boarding of new
tax firm (if need determined) in the interest of minimizing tax
burden and supporting growth.
- Manage existing lender relationships and secure new financing
as needed including the transition of existing fed-backed term-loan
to a 2-3X EBITDA revolving debt facility that will meet future
- Manage the mortgages on all properties.FINANCE / ACCOUNTING:
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including
income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, lender reports and
- Prepare for and oversee initial review and/or audit of company
- Prepare financial forecast and annual budgets.
- Lead strategic planning process, with rolling 24 month forecast
and 3-year business plans
- Lead monthly and quarterly financial reviews with business
leaders providing analysis and insights while comparing sales,
expenses, and profit projections to actual figures; manage
re-forecasts and adjustments to future projections and
- Direct inventory planning process to ensure alignment with
sales forecasts while maintaining a healthy inventory balance;
suggest improvements to current methods.
- Oversee Controller and all accounting practices.LEADERSHIP &
- Provide weekly financial updates to President and Founder.
- Seek to understand long-range economic trends and project their
impact on future growth in sales and profitability.
- Partner with fellow department heads to monitor each department
and make recommendations for improvements in people, process and
- Create a culture of effective cost containment and spending
discipline to support achievement of net income targets.
- Lead cost-reduction initiatives.REAL ESTATE:
- Responsible for management of RE investments and diligence and
analysis of future acquisitions.
- Assess financing options, tax implications, and entity
structure for new properties
- Oversee all lease negotiations and approve leases for
signing.LEGAL / CONTRACTS / NEGOTIATION:
- Manage external legal counsel and flow of work, tracking
against deliverables, and providing internal sign-off for all
- Lead risk mitigation through diligence, protocols, and
- Align with business leaders on business terms for each contract
and provide guidance on negotiation or support as needed.
- Engage in key vendor relationships.
- Maintain a complete record and tickler file of all agreements,
leases, etc.HUMAN RESOURCES:
- Provide oversight for all HR functions including Payroll,
Benefits, 401k, and policy development.
- Oversee employee hiring, performance development, performance
management, and retention initiatives.
- Lead recommendations for compensation and bonus structure that
optimize for all business objectives.
- Guide risk mitigation through employment practices, diversity
and inclusion strategies, and ensuring compliance with all
applicable laws and regulations.FOUNDER SUPPORT:
- Direct preparation of tax filings
- Oversee external wealth management expertINSURANCE:
- Manage all insurance policies and ensure proper coverage
- Identify risks and ensure high levels of prevention via
internal controls Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Proven experience in working within a high-growth organization
and contributing to improvement of financial outcomes
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application
systems, preferably Netsuite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven leader with experience in developing high-performing
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or
- Master's Degree in related field preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- Five plus years' experience as a CFO in a multi-location retail
- Experience in supporting international expansion amidst growth
Diversity & InclusionKREWE believes in providing an inclusive
workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We
are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants without discrimination or retaliation
because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, veteran status, pregnancy or any other protected
characteristic as established by applicable local, state, or
Keywords: EMERGING BLUE, New Orleans , Chief Financial Officer (KREWE), Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!