Senior Space Optimization Manager - Hilton New Orleans Riverside
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Senior Space Optimization Manager is responsible for using
revenue management principles to manage inventory strategy and
analyze data in order to optimize function space usage. Managing
function space for groups with ballroom space by gathering guest
room and function history, approving space releases and additions
and facilitating space audit meetings in order to drive the hotel's
continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service while
maximizing the hotel's financial profitability. What will I be
- Works directly with Director of Revenue Management, Director of
Catering & Events and Director of Sales & Marketing to consistently
monitor and analyze function space usage and RevPAS (Revenue Per
Available Sq. Ft.) productivity that would enable Sales and
Catering Managers to more easily book space.
- Analyzes all group programs prior to confirming with the
customer and turning definite. This analysis includes the oversight
of meeting space requirements, properly mapping space to maximize
efficiency of group layering, eliminating/reducing unnecessary
holds for setup/teardown, ensuring the proper fit based on the
groups revenues/profitability, which includes F&B profitability
and the hotel's group room mix.
- Trains and educates the Sales Team on established
rooms-to-function space ratios and enforces their compliance in
order to maximize revenues. Conducts "Group Space Purge" (GSP)
Analysis - analyzing and releasing space once an official program
is received and input into the system.
- Approves all function space requests prior to Delphi input
(this includes space modifications from Event Service Managers for
groups already turned over to Events).
- Ensures that future group programs are obtained in a timely
fashion per the terms of the sales agreement.
- Coordinates with sales managers to manipulate existing bookings
in order to move/release space insuring that the hotels are able to
aggressively pursue high profit function space requests from
catering & sales managers.
- Participates in weekly Revenue and P&T Meetings.
- Reviews files as they are turned over to Event Services to
ensure that all known information is loaded accurately into Delphi
(note: sales leadership is responsible for ensuring accuracy at
time of turning definite as well as at official turnover).
- Manage citywide space commitments for affiliate bookings.
- Responsible for F&B forecast in conjunction with Director
of F&B, Director of Events & Catering, Director of Revenue
Management and Assistant Director of Revenue Management.
Participate in monthly forecast meetings.
- Reviews space rental revenues, booking trends and high/low
- Analyzes and sets parameters for Meeting Room Rental and
F&B minimums considering market conditions.
- Post event analysis for groups 151+ rooms on peak nights.
Analysis to include finding unused/over-committed space, variances
in F&B minimum versus actual spend, reviewing P&L to define
overall group profitability.
- Work in conjunction with sales to implement changes as needed
to future year contracts.
- Utilizing post event analysis - assist with determining what
groups to re-book and how.
- Apply modifications to space contracted, locating new
month/patterns, and adjust F&B minimum/rental to maximize the
profitability and group layering for the hotel.
- Determines and publishes free sell dates and strategies for
local catering. What are we looking for? Since being founded in
1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today,
Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This
continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true
to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for
demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline In
addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key
- Customer Focus
- Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton? Hilton is
the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector
from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay
suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has
offered business and leisure travelers the finest in
accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated
to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest
experiences across its . Our vision "to fill the earth with the
light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create
remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And,
our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Keywords: Hilton, New Orleans , Senior Space Optimization Manager - Hilton New Orleans Riverside, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!