Special Education Teacher Case Manager (TCM)
Company: ReNEW Schools
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: June 25, 2022
POSITION DETAILSWe are seeking passionate and committed Special
Education Teacher Case Managers (TCM) who focus on the development
and education of students with exceptionalities. Teacher Case
Managers are extraordinary educators with strong content knowledge
in ELA, Math, or both. They co-teach, adapt lessons, manage IEPs
and track data towards student learning goals. Teacher Case
Managers regularly collaborate with teachers, leaders, and staff to
ensure student success.
WHO WE AREAt ReNEW, we transform underperforming schools into
academically rigorous schools that prepare students for the next
level of achievement, including high school, college, and career.
ReNEW is dedicated to helping teachers become outstanding at their
craft. With a high focus on professional development and individual
coaching at both the school-level and the network-level, we are
committed to helping you become the best teacher you can be.
WHAT YOU'LL DOAs an integral part of the school-based student
support team, the TCM is dedicated to ensuring the growth of
students with exceptionalities. TCMs are flexible and creative
while possessing a strong growth mindset about students and
themselves. There are multiple expectations for this role.
Content (ELA/Math) Expectations
- Create a culture of learning. You will lead or co-lead and
implement a student-led, positive, and safe classroom and
school-wide environment in order to ensure learning is
- Teach using your content expertise in ELA and/or Math. You will
strategically modify Louisiana Tier I curriculum and deliver
lessons to meet student individual learning goals.
- Provide targeted feedback to students by asking pertinent,
scaffolded follow-up questions that affirm correctly understood
content, clarify misunderstood content or extend students'
- Use data all day, every day. You will assess qualitative and
quantitative student data in order to draw insightful conclusions
from it and adjust instruction as necessary.
Special Education Expectations:
- Collaborate with Special Education Coordinator and general
educators to provide specialized instruction, technical expertise,
and supplementary aids and resources to ensure students with
exceptionalities access to the general education curriculum.
- Develop Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) based on
information from special education evaluations, progress monitoring
data, and input from IEP team members.
- In collaboration with the Special Education Coordinator, update
and monitor a comprehensive data tracking system that results in
effective and ongoing decision-making about individual student
- Act as a case manager for special education students, including
progress monitoring toward IEP goals, scheduling and leading IEP
review meetings, and partnering with students, families and related
service providers to support special education students through a
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A strong growth mindset, a passion for the students we serve,
and an immovable belief that all students can learn
- Experience with / knowledge of how to accommodate and modify
instruction to ensure access to Tier I curriculum for students with
- Deep content knowledge (ELA or Math) and an understanding of
Louisiana Student Standards.
- Strong background in and willingness to continually learn about
special education including knowledge of student exceptionalities
and documentation compliance.
- Technology proficiency- especially with Google Suite
Applications (Drive, Classroom, Docs, Sheets)
Education - Certification in or in current pursuit of Certification
in Special Education preferred, Bachelor -s degree required,
Master's degree preferred
Keywords: ReNEW Schools, New Orleans , Special Education Teacher Case Manager (TCM), Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!