Kitchen Manager - Creole Queen Paddlewheeler
Company: New Orleans Paddlewheels
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description**$1,000 Sign on BonusEOE/DRUG FREECreole Queen
Paddlewheel is immediately hiring for a part-time Cook. Must be
able to work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
Position SummaryResponsible for the preparation of food to be
served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and
personal hygiene standards and following established food
production programs and procedures. Ensure appropriate use of
facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe essential functions
include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using
established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using
production systems. Ensures availability of supplies and food or
approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation. Serves or
ensures proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal
hygiene, and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and
- Stores food properly and safely by marking dates and
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance.
- Correctly prepares all food served following recipes and
special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so
that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are
- Maintain daily production records.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain
equipment used in food preparation.
- Complete food temperature checks before service.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.Basic
QualificationsEducation/Training: A high school diploma or
equivalent required, culinary certification preferred. Must be 18
years of age.
- Moderate reading and writing skills; proficient interpersonal
relations and communicative skills;
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push
and pull items weighing 50 pounds or more;
- Manual dexterity;
- Auditory and visual skills;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and
procedures.Experience: Prior experience in food preparation
Job LocationDishroom, kitchen, serving areas onboard Creole Queen
Equipment/machines used in the performance of this jobThe incumbent
must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate
the following equipment and machines used in the performance of
- Kitchen equipment, i.e., oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer,
coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef's knives.
- TelephoneEOE/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE**It is not our practice to ask
for personal information prior to our on-boarding process. We
conduct in-person interviews with all of our candidates. Should you
ever be asked to give out any of your personal information, please
contact our Human Resources Department. **
Keywords: New Orleans Paddlewheels, New Orleans , Kitchen Manager - Creole Queen Paddlewheeler, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!