CEO - New Orleans Metropolitan Association of REALTORS -
Company: National Association of REALTORS -
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Location: Metairie, LA
The New Orleans Metropolitan Association of REALTORS® is looking
for a dynamic, visionary leader as their new Chief Executive
Officer. This ideal candidate is a high performing, proactive
leader who can implement innovative ideas and manage change
effectively. Candidates should have a track record of team
building, collaboration and the ability to interact with a wide
variety of individuals. This position requires a broad
understanding of how to work with a volunteer board of directors
and officers who change annually as well as the nuances of working
with and without direction and making things happen. This is a
great opportunity for someone to revitalize this 6,500+-member
association. Full position details include: The chief staff
executive, with the senior management team, is responsible for all
administration and management of the association. The chief staff
executive is able to identify and articulate trends and their
impact on business and industry and positions the organization to
meet member needs. The chief staff executive reports to the
respective boards of directors of the New Orleans Metropolitan
Association REALTORS® and the Gulf South Real Estate Information
Network. Governance of Association Structures and Organization
- Collaborates with volunteer leaders (Boards of Directors) to
determine the organization's vision.
- Develops and implements programs and events in line with the
- Develops policies and procedures based on association
competencies and goals and ensure sufficient flexibility to allow
for creativity and responsiveness. Is the decision-making authority
for all operational procedures.
- Ensures that governing documents and policies are flexible
enough to allow the association to creatively respond to changing
- Is ex-officio, non-voting member of the executive committee and
the boards of directors, all committees, task forces or work
groups. Physical and Financial Resources
- Maintains an office with up-to-date technology and
- Ensures strong financial position and revenue sources to
operate the association at optimum levels with suitable funding
available to act quickly on opportunities, threats, and new
- Develops a comprehensive budget based on strategic outcomes
with volunteer leader approval.
- Ensures that financial reserves are maintained, and a solid
investment policy is in place with available funds for programmatic
functions and program/project development. Staff Competencies
- Is responsible for administration and management of the
- Is a visionary leader that can spot trends and their impact on
- Plays a proactive role in analyzing, addressing, and impacting
legal and regulatory issues.
- Develops and manages a high level of political action
activities, including special fundraising efforts and candidate
Ensures staff compensation is nationally competitive.
- Ensures that leadership oriented professional development
opportunities are funding by the association for all levels.
- Is responsible for all administration and management of the
association with a focus on developing visionary skills; develops
staff positions based on envisioned real estate industry
- Can act as a spokesperson with added focus on community and
real estate industry issues. Member Services
- Maintains targeted internal and external communications systems
and delivery vehicles focused on enhancing current knowledge and
discussion of future trends.
- Develops and maintains a sophisticated new member recruitment
and retention program with targeted orientation methods.
- Actively creates outreach to specific targeted real estate
groups, potential allied industries, and culturally and ethnically
- Provides leadership in professional standards enforcement and
certification efforts; provides service to other REALTOR®
organizations via co-op enforcement agreements; fosters
industry-wide ethical standards with other allied real estate
groups affecting members' businesses.
- Develops, offers, and promotes access to required and optional
education programs based on analysis of current needs and future
- Develops and offers innovative marketing tools, and other
services based on analysis of current and future trends.
- Identifies and implements new strategic initiatives based on
member needs and ongoing trends analysis.
- Positions networking and social opportunities to enhance
members' career success and future needs. Internal and External
- Serves as a visionary leader of the association, delegates
day-to-day operations to other staff.
- Develops and maintains an environment in which senior staff
takes initiatives and are able to make management decisions.
- Works with leadership to recruit, develop and nurture volunteer
leaders according to a comprehensive leadership development plan;
maintains an organizational culture that builds strong partnerships
between staff and volunteers.
- Actively participates in affecting positive and collaborative
relationships with local, state and national associations and
maintains a leadership role in state and national meetings.
- Forges effective relationships with local government leaders
and legislators, service providers, vendors, consultants,
contractors; influential and market-share members/industry leaders,
and allied real estate groups, media and community groups, and
other groups as appropriate.
- Analyzes, addresses, and impacts legal and regulatory issues
and proactively frames the regulatory environment.
- Displays a high level of political action skills, including
special fundraising efforts, member mobilization efforts and
- Maintains a politically aware organizational culture.
- Positions the association as a recognized leader in
governmental advocacy in the local community and partnership with
state and/or national associations. Preferred qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Six to eight years of previous association or non-profit
- CAE and/or RCE certifications
- Solid financial management experience PM21
Keywords: National Association of REALTORS -, New Orleans , CEO - New Orleans Metropolitan Association of REALTORS -, Executive , Metairie, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!