System Director Revenue Realization
Company: The Wilshire Group
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: September 23, 2022
JOB SPECIFICATIONS:Minimum Required: High School
diploma.Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Health Services, Business
Administration, or related field.ExperienceMinimum Required: Ten
(10) years of Patient Financial Services Management experience with
a High School Diploma or six (6) years of Patient Financial
Services Management experience with a Bachelor's Degree.Preferred:
Prior Denial and Appeal mitigation and experience with Managed Care
payer relationshipsSpecial Skills/TrainingMinimum Required: Highly
skilled experience and knowledge of Windows-based software
required, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Outlook,
Excel, and Access. Proficient skills to collect, organizing, and
analyzing data, producing actionable reports and recommending
improvements and solutions. Highly Proficient in Business
intelligence and reporting capabilities from patient accounting
systems including Epic. Highly skilled in Visio to develop current
and future state process flow documents.Preferred: Clarity and
other report writing experiencePosition Duties
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and implements
them by engaging stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Understands interrelationships among systems and processes
across functional areas to redesign processes, improve efficiency,
and ensure optimal results.
- Applies a thorough understanding of key business processes to
effectively anticipate and address the longer-term implications of
- Provides oversight regarding the development of business cases,
in conjunction with other relevant SMEs, that facilitate local or
regional revenue cycle strategies.
- Coordinates and implements revenue cycle initiatives, including
identifying and assembling resources when necessary.
- Formulates project plans and makes recommendations to
leadership on policies and practices relating to revenue cycle
- Establishes hospital and physician denial committees
collaborating with Revenue Cycle Hospital Directors, CFO,
department leaders, and revenue cycle operations to reduce
preventable denials and write-offs.
- Provides management reporting including monthly metrics
packages and ad hoc reporting based on business needs.
- Collaborate with clinical areas to facilitate workflows that
support clinical operations, including new patient access,
registration, and check-in.
- Provide oversight and guidance across the department, including
cross-departmental initiatives, as well as staff recruitment and
- Oversees analytic and process implementation support for
cross-functional initiatives relating to the electronic medical
record and revenue cycle systems.
- Recruits, selects, develops, retains, and motivates staff to
ensure the maintenance of a highly credentialed and competent team.
Creates opportunities for professional growth among staff.
- Serves as the Revenue Cycle Leader supporting the clinically
integrated network including, but not limited to population health
and value base care initiatives
- Oversees Revenue Cycle Vendor Management performance-based
service level agreements and collaborates with System VP on vendor
- Partners with IT Ensures all placement logic is qualifying
accounts appropriately to vendor partners.
- Collaborates with IT to ensure automation is maximized within
the EPIC platform to promote an "exception-based" revenue cycle
operation and ensures collaboration with IT on EPIC
- Supports the annual planning process to establish objectives
and performance measures that gauge the effectiveness and
efficiency of revenue cycle operations.
- Ensures that all current Revenue Cycle operations are in
accordance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Plans and launches new revenue and collection initiatives with
management on a regular basis; brainstorms methods for achieving
objectives; and carries projects through until goals are
successfully attained, providing direction and guidance to
Keywords: The Wilshire Group, New Orleans , System Director Revenue Realization, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!