Company: SSA Group
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: March 18, 2023
SSA Group is looking for a talented General Manager to join our
team at Audubon Zoo.
Anticipated start date is April 7, 2023.
SSA Group works with zoos, aquariums, museums, and other cultural
attractions on integrating dining, retail, admissions and more. We
increase revenue opportunities for partners across the United
States. With 50 years in the business, SSA has refined the basics
while pioneering better ways forward. With pillars of focus like
sustainability, inclusivity, and innovation, SSA is transforming
the cultural attraction industry.
SSA was built by families, for families, with a family's sense of
love and dedication. We don't just rely on the best practices in
our industry, we customize best practices for each partner to set
the bar higher and higher, always. We do all we can to further the
mission of our partners because their guests and the communities
they serve, deserve it.
The General Manager reports directly to the Area General Manager
and Regional Vice President.
- Coach, supervise, direct all department managers so operational
needs (financial, staffing, product, merchandising, client
expectations, etc.) are met on a daily basis.
- Schedule management personnel as necessary.
- Assist designated management team or individuals in developing
training standards for alcohol service, customer service, safety,
- Hosts all meetings for management team. Conducts training
sessions as needed, assuring that each department head is properly
and thoroughly trained for their positions
- Work with Executive Chef, Retail Operations Manager and Buyer
to track, maintain and budget inventory and Cost of Goods (COG) as
- Acts as main liaison between the Client and SSA.
- Maintains a close relationship with direct client report and
the client's staff to insure a positive working relationship
- Responsible for close liaison with marketing to drive company
efforts, guest experience and operational output to the highest
- Attends Client meetings and reports monthly (or as dictated) to
the Regional Manager(s).
- Remains knowledgeable of and manages in accordance with all
applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Uphold and demonstrate a complete understanding of company
policies and procedures.Growth
- Accountable for unit's financial management through budgeting,
forecasting, and management of sales/per cap, controllable
expenses. Ultimately oversees reporting and management team
- Ensures that all fiscal deadlines are met to HQ.
- Manages final check on all invoices processed through account
in detailed, consistent and timely manner
- Provides precise reports to the Regional Manager for cash
reconciliation, flash reporting, item analysis, monthly inventory,
and payroll percentages.
- Completes business assessment with comparable market pricing to
assess business model and drive per cap revenue.
- Forecast weekly sales, complete and maintain sales analysis
- Manage payroll and controllable profit within established
guidelines. Meet payroll budget percent expectations by being
strategic with coverage, on-call shifts, etc; in management of
- Set precedent to achieve Sales, Per Cap & Controllable
- Minimize controllable costs associated with the operation.
Continually strategize on revenue avenues, areas of opportunity,
and negotiation necessary to achieve goals with client.Operational
- Perform the steps of SSA EXTRA Guest Service to ensure a
memorable experience for every guest and client. Engage with
Department Managers on ensuring EXTRA Guest Service at all levels
- (based on unit location and contract).
- Maintains knowledge and implementation of contract between SSA
and Client with professional discretion.
- Supports progressive discipline documentation in field through
ongoing establishment with management team and staff.
- Keeps operating manuals up to date for all locations.
- Reviews and approves all plans for major special events.
- Manages the design and implementation of all menus and
- Assumes an active role in the long-range planning for all
- Manages all capital projects, involved pieced therein, to
client and SSA expectation.
- Manages all business legal needs through communication and
partnership with HQ.
- Ensures employee integration and exit are managed appropriately
under the legal and HQ guidelines as necessary.Social
Responsibility and Culture
- Promote an inclusive & supportive approach at the Unit.
- Assure editorial role on all unit publications (newsletters,
calendars, memos, etc.)
- Ensures unit strives to be an example for Company & Client
guidelines with regard to Sustainability/Conservation efforts.
Displays knowledge of efforts in business application as well as
giving adequate opportunity for teaching to unit staff as
- Supports SSA / Unit in driving community effort through hiring
efforts, engagement activities, and focus on opportunities of
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary.Job Requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the
ability to articulate to our client, Area General Manager and HQ
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of the
importance of team building/development, while fostering
- Exceptional problem solving/decision making skills combined
with the ability to be organized.
- Demonstrates financial management, merchandising, analytical,
planning and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced
- Computer knowledge and skill level for basic office
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and
handle boxes (35lbs) as necessary to operation, which entails
lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends
and holidays, as needed.Previous Experience
- Two years management experience in cultural, iconic, amusement
or museum attraction a plus
- ServSafe Certified a plus.
- All education backgrounds accepted, must be 18 or older.This is
by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with
this job description. The Company reserves the right to revise the
job description or to require that other or different tasks are
performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in
personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments)
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is based on range in consideration of relevant job
experience and certification/education
- Flexible Time off - we want our team to take time as they need,
so don't accrue hours but rather give you freedom to schedule
within scope of the business and your needs
- Medical - Dental - Vision
- 401 (K) Plan + Match
- Supplemental Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Training and Career Development
- Tuition Discount through Partnership College
- Parental Leave
- Meal Plan & Employee Discounts
- $75 monthly cell phone stipendSSA Group, LLC. is an equal
opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity
through our commitment to building a team that represents a variety
of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we
are, the better our work will be.
All California Residents: By submitting your job application, you
agree you have reviewed the SSA Group California Consumer Privacy
Act (CCPA) Candidate and Employee Privacy Notice ("Notice").
San Francisco Residents: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records. Please see the "Fair Chance
Ordinance - Know Your Rights" document for more information. By
submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the
"Fair Chance Ordinance - Know Your Rights" document.
Keywords: SSA Group, New Orleans , General Manager, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...