Account Manager - Construction BIM
Company: FARO Technologies
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: February 14, 2019
LOCATION: NEW ORLEANS, LA
FARO TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager passionate about AEC, MEP, and Oil & Gas technologies to help accelerate the growth of our award winning 3D Documentation products, the Focus3D and Freestyle3D. A background in or selling to the construction, surveying, design, and/or engineering industries is strongly preferred. In your Account Manager role, you will identify areas for improvement in customer work practices, provide on-site demonstrations, identify additional sales opportunities, and close sales opportunities.
The Focus3D is a high-speed 3D laser scanner for detailed measurement and documentation. FARO's Focus3D uses laser technology to produce incredibly detailed three-dimensional images of complex environments and geometries in only a few minutes. The Focus3D was recently honored with a "Best of What s New award" by Popular Science magazine.
Our Account Manager works out of a home office and will ideally be based in the New Orleans, LA area. Relocation is not available for this position.
* Generate sales revenues by performing product demonstrations at selected customer sites.
* Evaluate customer requirements; including existing design and coordination software solutions and compatibility with point cloud data
* Identify additional sales opportunities outside of traditional channels.
* Utilize all available resources including sales management, Inside Sales Specialists, Applications Engineers, marketing and others to advance and close sales.
* Work as part of the sales team to generate ideas for company sales opportunities, processes and systems.
* Provide feedback to FARO R&D for product improvement.
* Act as point of contact and provide technical support to potential customers during the evaluation period.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
* Minimum 3 years proven and successful track record in sales of capital equipment/ Industrial Sales
* Experience in Solution Selling preferred
* Strong Closing Skills & Account Management Experience
* Bachelor s degree , preferably in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience working with 3D CAD or design programs
* Demonstrated ability to isolate and identify technical problems, formulate and demonstrate solutions
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to travel extensively within territory
* Valid driver s license with excellent driving record
* Authorized to work in US
Occasional lifting of very light and lightweight materials, some lifting of average or heavy weight materials over 60 lbs, occasional bending, stooping and upper body & arm rotation, frequent pushing, pulling, sitting, standing and reaching and some climbing. Ability to lift 50-75 lbs. on a regular basis.
* Knowledge of laser scanning, point cloud data, BIM, VDC
* Experience with vertical markets such as construction, surveying, architecture, civil engineering, oil & gas, and manufacturing plant design
* Experience with software for construction such as Revit, Plant3D, AutoCAD, or Navisworks
FARO has EXCELLENT BENEFITS for you and your family. We not only care for our employees, but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
* A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
* Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
* Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
* 401K with employer match
* Tuition reimbursement
* Training opportunities
* Wellness fairs
* Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
* Other employee events
With more than 26,000 installations and 13,000 customers globally, FARO develops and markets computer-aided coordinate measurement and imaging devices and software. Portable equipment from FARO permits high-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and compound structures within production and quality assurance processes. The devices are used for inspecting components and assemblies, production planning, 3D documentation, as well as for investigation and reconstruction of accident sites or crime scenes. They are also employed to generate digital scans of historic sites. Principal products include the world s best-selling portable measurement arm the FaroArm; the FARO Laser Tracker ION; the FARO Laser ScanArm; FARO Laser Scanner; the FARO Gage; and, the CAM2 family of advanced CAD-based measurement and reporting software. FARO Technologies is ISO-9001 certified and ISO-17025 laboratory registered.
As an employee of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
Keywords: FARO Technologies, New Orleans , Account Manager - Construction BIM, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!