Director of Finance
Company: Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Director of Finance wanted for the new Kimpton New Orleans Hotel,
opening soon in the heart of the city, and just steps from the
French Quarter. Help us bring Kimpton back to the Big Easy in
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so
regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate
about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and
What you get to do: Provide the support, financial knowledge and
expertise as a key business manager of the Company to assist all
levels of Management in providing hospitality service of the
highest quality to customers worldwide. Assist the General Managers
in achieving established business goals. Direct the accounting and
control functions at the property, while ensuring timely reporting
of operating results and maintains the integrity of the management
Reporting Line: Directors of Finance have a dual reporting
relationship. First, on a functional basis, they report directly to
their respective Area Director of Finance or RVP Finance, as
applicable. Second and equally important, Directors of Finance must
be responsive to the Hotel and Restaurant General Managers, by
providing sound business and financial management support.
Goal Achievement: Our mission will be achieved by providing
accurate, timely and objective financial data with which informed
decisions can be made; the stewardship of all business assets; the
creation and maintenance of sound internal control systems that
support (and not stifle) the business objectives; and by employing
the most professional, service-oriented, dedicated, highly skilled
and trained Staff in the industry.
Employee Development: Provide accounting staff the proper
resources, training, and authority required to carry out their
responsibilities. Develop each person's talents and skills to their
full potential to enhance their contribution to the success of the
business we serve.
Your Day to Day:
- Supervise all accounting functions for the Hotel and
- Prepare the financial statements within the time frames
supplied in the Home Office closing schedule and according to the
Company Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles and the Uniform System of Accounts.
- Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and
advise the General Managers and the Home Office Team.
- Maintain balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis with full
- Prepare accurate forecasts on a monthly basis and cash flow
statements on request.
- Prepare timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax
returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed
- Ensure successful treasury cash management as set forth in the
policies and procedures manual.
- Ensure compliance with the management agreement and attendant
legal documents. Understanding how those documents translate into
financial responsibilities and how they may affect both the
Property and the Home Office financial position.
- Maintain effective system and control procedures as set forth
in the policies and procedures manuals.
- Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing
- Ensure that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and
other information required by the company are accurately compiled
and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying
variances, and making recommendations for improvements as
- Review forecasts and budgets prepared by hotel and restaurant
management teams to ensure that owners, the General Managers, and
the Home Office are provided with guidelines of performance that
are both reasonable and achievable.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly
maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting
requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental
requirements for permits and licenses.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the
protection of the property's assets against loss or
- Successfully lead and perform an advisory or interpretive role.
Coaches department heads regarding their financial responsibilities
and effective financial management techniques.
- Adheres to the highest ethical and business standards, and to
the laws of the countries, states and cities in which the Company
- Continuously monitor economic, social and governmental trends
and policies to ensure the General Managers and Home Office
Management are kept fully apprised of any implications that may
affect the performance of the hotel or restaurant in meeting its
Specific experience we're looking for:
- Prefer a degree from an accredited university or business
college, majoring in accounting or business studies.
- Minimum 5 years practical accounting experience in the
- Computer Skills
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft or similar accounting package
- Prior experience with Outlooksoft/BPC preferred
- Excel proficiency required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending
on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate
effectively and professionally with other business departments,
guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult
situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle,
or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift
and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify,
and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business
Keywords: Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, New Orleans , Director of Finance, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!