Bakery Manager- Direct Hire
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Adecco Staffing is assisting a New Orleans based bakery in hiring
an experienced Bakery Manager to add to their growing team. This is
an exciting direct hire opportunity!
The bakery manager will contribute to the success of the operation
by managing bakery operations and personnel to create and maintain
the standard set forth of having the finest baked goods and
experience for patrons of the establishment. This position will
require excellent judgement and discretion to assist in managing
the overall operations of the bakery.
The ideal candidate will have 2-6 years hands on experience with
baking in combination with 2-5 years management over 10 or more
- High school graduation with some technical training and at
least 5 years of related experience in quantity baking of a variety
of products, three of which should be in a supervisory
- Louisiana food handlers' card and/or ServSafe
- Specialized technical knowledge of baking chemistry and
- Supervisory ability
- Possess advanced knowledge of products, buying, pricing,
merchandising, and inventory management.
- Food safety certification. If not currently certified, will
commit to completing certification within 6 months.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Must possess 3 to 5 years of progressive management experience
in a bakery.
- A degree in hospitality or restaurant management is preferred
or culinary school graduate.
- Ability to communicate verbally and understand and follow
written and verbal instructions from management.
- Committed to exceptional guest service. Willing to go above and
beyond to do whatever it takes to make the guest happy.
- Acumen for sharp problem-solving skills and creative
- Motivated leader that drives the team to their best
- Good physical stamina and energy.
- Ability to be on feet and can lift up to 25 pounds.
- Act as a company ambassador and embody the company values
ensuring a positive company image: world's best product,
exceptional guest service, innovation, community, cleanliness, and
great place to work.
- Support the General Manager in managing all areas of the bakery
- employees, guests, and business.
- Assist in developing your team to work together to deliver
amazing guest service. In addition to teamwork, foster an
environment where each employee can grow professionally and
personally while having fun at work.
- Conduct daily and weekly inventories.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure
compliance with operational standards, company policies,
federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Provides overall leadership to the Bakery team.
- Responsible for all aspects of daily operations including
profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor,
regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Accountable
for Team Member hiring, development, corrective actions and
- Ensure all positions are performed with team and store Standard
- Be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other
Team Member job descriptions.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety
- Hold Team Members accountable for delivering outstanding
- Builds a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork,
mutual respect and exceptional morale.
- Makes hiring and separation decisions.
- Accountable for monitoring and achieving sales, purchasing, and
- Maintains proper product assortment, merchandising, and
- Establish and maintain collaborative and productive working
relationships with department leaders and with vendors.
- Sustain exceptional level of knowledge / awareness of relevant
competitors and industry trends.
- Set and achieve the highest standards of retail execution.
- Foster and encourage a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintain awareness of customer flows and needs and direct Team
Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds
promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Select, train, develop, mentor, motivate, and counsel Team
Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Provide timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
evaluations. If this describes you then please apply at Adecco go
The Adecco Group is a global leader in HR services. Our group
connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day
through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories
around the world.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Adecco, New Orleans , Bakery Manager- Direct Hire, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!