Company: NOPSI Hotel, New Orleans
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Location: US-LA-New Orleans# of Openings: 1Category:
HousekeepingPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status:
NOPSI Hotel is a 1920s-era building re-imagined as a 217-room hotel
featuring 76 suites. Classically designed, each guest room features
refined furnishings inspired by the building's history, local
artwork and the technology demanded by today's discerning traveler
NOPSI Hotel offers approximately 14,000 square feet of indoor and
outdoor function space. The NOPSI Hotel is a gathering place like
no other in our city. The hotel is centrally located making it easy
to get to. Employees at The NOPSI enjoy complimentary meals with
each shift, discounts at local businesses as well and
Maintain the building to ensure safe and clean experience for hotel
guests, associates and vendors. Provide Housekeeping Team direction
- Supervise the housekeeping staff; providing open communication,
training, coaching and counseling and providing performance
feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations,
resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend
discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown
service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with
accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and
regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest
- Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas
of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping
- Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to
control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure
- Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to
maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure
appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years experience in housekeeping management.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials
weighing up to 100 lbs. with or without reasonable
- Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to
assist other staff members, i.e., room attendants, housepersons,
and inspectors to complete their individual tasks if situation
demands with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: NOPSI Hotel, New Orleans, New Orleans , Housekeeping Manager, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!