RN / Registered Nurse / Louisiana / Permanent / Care Assure Program Nurse Navigator Job
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
The Care Assure NurseNavigator - Registered Nurse (RN) Do you have
a passionfor healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in
a fast-paced,patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career
as The Care AssureNurse Navigator at Tulane Medical Center. Submit
yourapplication today! Our nursing teams are acommitted, caring
group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positivepatient
interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being
ofothers, this could be your next opportunity. We want your
knowledge andexpertise! Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitivesalary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in ourteam and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement,employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program and student loanrepayment. We would love to talk to you
about this fantastic opportunity. About Us:With 235 beds,
TulaneMedical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical
center servingthe greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians
provide leading edge careranging from primary to tertiary to
quaternary in a vast number of specialties. Tulane Medical
Centerhas been named a Worlds Best Hospital by Newsweek in its
2019listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the
1,000 hospitalslisted in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one
of just 250 Worlds BestHospitals found in the United States and the
only hospital in southernLouisiana on the list. At Tulane, our
missionstatement reminds us that above all else we are committed to
the care andimprovement of human life. When we speak of our
mission, we usually think aboutour dedication to patients and their
families and our commitment to them. Butwe are also equally
committed to our employees. You are part of an organizationwith a
long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to
whichwe as an organization can provide quality healthcare service
is highlydependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
Comemake the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and
historic NewOrleans! . Practicingon medicines leading-edge is a
rare opportunity indeed. You can do it everydayat Tulane, one of
the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers
inthecountry.Learn more about what our employees have to say about
working at TulaneMedicalCenter Thinking of relocatingto peaceful
Alexandria, La? Check out all there is to do: General Summary
ofDuties: The Care AssureNurse Navigator is responsible for the
programs and resources that support thenavigation of cardiology and
primary prevention patients through complexhealthcare environments
for the optimization of care and outcomes. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT
ARENOT LIMITED TO:
- Reviews patient case lists generated by technology-enabled data
triggers to identify patients that could benefit from
- Communicates with physicians (in the hospital and in the
community) about patients' potential for referral / follow-up
- Provides feedback to leadership in regards to target population
in order to enhance care coordination and patient
- Schedules follow-up appointments and provide information and
reminders to patients & physician offices.
- Tracks outcomes of referrals and treatments.
- Maintains detailed records to measure effectiveness of program
and suggest ways to improve throughout the process.
- Works with physicians and program leadership on a daily
- Engages providers and patients in a program that will improve
outcomes and the efficiency of medical care.
- Performs position specific job functions at an acceptable
- Reviews clinical progress of patients and coordinates
communications to referring, consulting, and primary care
- Plan, organize and provide direct care to the patient, as
appropriate, if called upon to do so.
- Facilitates the development of a patient specific teaching
- Reviews medications /educates patient as needed, initiates
communication regarding dashboard triggers with care team.
- Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities related
to the target population and involving all levels of staff.
- Educates patient and families regarding planned procedures,
medications and treatments.
- Evaluate clinical educational need of staff related to target
population and facili...
Keywords: HCA., New Orleans , RN / Registered Nurse / Louisiana / Permanent / Care Assure Program Nurse Navigator Job, Healthcare , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!