RN Manager Labor Delivery
Company: Tulane Medical Center
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: November 19, 2020
SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered
care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients
with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your
career as a RN Manager Labor & Delivery today with Tulane Lakeside
At Tulane Lakeside Hospital we want to ensure your needs are met.
We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
plans along with some unique benefits including:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Labor & Delivery RN like you to be a
part of our team.
Labor and delivery nurses are unique among the different types of
nurses because they have a very specific job: to help deliver
healthy babies and get moms through the process safely. In essence,
they are doing what some might consider the most important nursing
job of all - bringing new lives into this world.
About this unit:
* 10-bed LDR, 3 OR, 26-bed Level III NICU, 3 triage, 3 recovery
* Approximately 140 births a month
* Nationally recognized as a Baby-Friendly designated birth
* Amazing teamwork throughout all levels
* Positive, close-knit staff
* Oversees and directly supervises all department areas and Charge
Nurses, including interviewing, coaching, counseling, orientation,
training and evaluation within established guidelines.
* Serves as a nursing role model and resource to staff,
demonstrating support of the nursing practice model, standards of
nursing practice and clinical outcomes
* Monitors the day-to-day operations of assigned department staff,
reacting effectively and efficiently to unplanned circumstances,
demands and challenges facing the department to ensure consistent
quality of service.
* Demonstrates expertise in hospital and department processes and
keeps staff updated by remaining current with hospital and
department guidelines, federal, state, regulatory & other governing
policies, procedures or guidelines.
* Coordinates the departmental staff performance and improvement
process including the preparation, analysis and submission of
* Updates and improves the department processes and workflow.
* Participates as requested on teams, committees, and special
projects both internal and external relating to Department and
Qualifications You Will Need:
* Current Louisiana or Compact Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
* BLS, NRP certification preferred
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Three to five years of current relevant experience in various
practice areas (PICU, NICU, OB experience).
* Management experience strongly preferred
For more than 50 years, Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and
Children has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care
vital to the healthcare needs of women and their babies in
Jefferson Parish. Our commitment to treating women and their babies
has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of
healthcare options for the entire family. We provide cutting edge
technology in many specialties including Obstetrics/Gynecology,
Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Radiology and Surgery.
Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children is part of Tulane
Health System, an acclaimed teaching, research and medical system
serving the greater New Orleans area. Our mission statement reminds
us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement
of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about
our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to
them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are
part of an organization with a long history of compassion and
service to patients.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is
reviewing applications immediately for our RN Manager of Labor &
Delivery opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly
contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our
community of caring!
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Tulane Medical Center, New Orleans , RN Manager Labor Delivery, Healthcare , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!