Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 13, 2021
We're a New Orleans-based, non-profit health system on a
mission: to provide the best possible care for every person and
parish in Louisiana and beyond, and to put a little more heart and
soul into healthcare along the way. And that means we do things a
little differently around here. Treating people like family is the
LCMC Health way, and it always has been. Founded by Louisiana's
first freestanding children's hospital, we've grown into a
healthcare system that's built to serve the unique needs of our
communities and families. Today, we offer six hospital locations:
Children's Hospital New Orleans, East Jefferson General Hospital,
New Orleans East Hospital, Touro, University Medical Center New
Orleans, and West Jefferson Medical Center. We also offer a network
of urgent care centers across the greater New Orleans area. With
over 2,800 physicians specializing in everything from head to toe,
our community can count on us to provide the right care, right
where they need it. This job description is intended to describe
the general nature and level of the work being performed by people
assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties
and responsibilities. LCMC Health reserves the right to amend and
change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
POSITION SUMMARY: The anesthesiologist provides services to
patients undergoing surgery or diagnostic studies requiring
sedation or anesthesia. This includes consultations with surgeons
and appropriate subspecialists; pre-anesthetic evaluation and
preparation; inter-operative anesthesia and monitoring, and
post-anesthetic care. The anesthesiologist is also responsible for
life support, including airway management, respiratory care, and
other forms of physiologic support throughout the hospital and
clinics when required. Pain management services for perioperative
patients as well as consultations for pain management are also
provided by the anesthesiologist. Additionally, the
anesthesiologist provides technical oversight and assistance to the
hospital's conscious sedation team, as applicable. The
anesthesiologist also participates in continuing medical education,
the education of medical students, residents, student anesthetists
and nurses. ESSENTIAL QUALITIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Degree of doctor of medicine (M.D.) or osteopathy (D.O.)
- Successful completion of a training program in anesthesiology
accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical
Education (ACGME), or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in
the State of Louisiana.
- Current, unrestricted DEA registration (schedules II-IV) or no
history of revocation of DEA registration (schedules (II-IV) within
the past five years.
- Current Louisiana Controlled Dangerous Substance License.
- Current ACLS, BLS, and PALS certifications, as applicable.
- Permanent certification by the American Board of Anesthesiology
(ABA) or current recertification within the time interval required
by the ABA.
- Successful completion of a pediatric anesthesiology
- Documented continued competence in the care of pediatric
patients in specified categories to maintain clinical privilege.
Expertise in liver transplantation required.
- Compliance with the ABA Maintenance of Certification in
Anesthesiology Program (MOCA).
- Compliance with Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners
requirements for CME.
- Demonstration of competence in advanced life support.
- Responsibility for directing/supervising all anesthesia and
sedation services for patients throughout the hospital, under their
care (including all departments in all campuses and off-site
locations where anesthesia services are provided).
- Delivery of anesthesia services consistent with recognized
standards for anesthesia care including:
- Patient consent;
- Infection control measures;
- Safety practices in all anesthetizing areas;
- Protocols for supportive life functions, e.g., cardiac and
- Reporting requirements;
- Documentation requirements;
- Equipment requirements, as well as the monitoring inspection,
testing, and maintenance of anesthesia equipment in the hospital
biomedical equipment program.
- Ensures that a complete pre-procedural anesthesia/sedation
evaluation is done no more than 48 hours prior to each
- Ensures that a complete post-procedural anesthesia/sedation
evaluation is done no more than 48 hours after each procedure.
- Responsibility for planning, directing and supervising all
activities for the anesthesia service for patients under their
- Responsibility for ensuring the quality of appropriateness of
their anesthesia patient care.
- Participation in a planned program of quality assurance for
evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of the anesthetic
care delivered with resolution of any identified problems. LCMC
Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Touro, New Orleans , Pediatric Anesthesiologist, Healthcare , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!