Certified Licensed Pharmacy Tech
Company: Winn-Dixie Pharmacy
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Southeastern Grocers is committed to a culture of belonging and
fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate differences.
As a great place to work, we empower everyone to be their full,
authentic selves. Read our Belonging, Inclusion and Diversity
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Retail Grocery Location
Position OverviewThe pharmacy technician will assist the pharmacist
in the areas of prescription filling, prescription distribution and
clerical activities while under the pharmacist's supervision at all
times. This position should increase customer confidence and
loyalty to the pharmacy by providing consistent operating
conditions, courteous and prompt service, and a friendly
atmosphere. This role will accurately and courteously express
pharmacy policies and procedures to the customers when
appropriate.Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering
patient information (demographics, drug allergies and
pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions by pulling stock,
pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the
- Provide first class customer service by greeting customers as
they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting
and answering the phone in a courteous manner.
- Assist pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and
billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of
rejected third party claims.
- Assist in checking and removing out-of-date product as
instructed by the pharmacist.
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPPA
- Organize and file records.
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards;
report hazards to store management.
- Perform price checks for customers and associates, as
- Operate the cashier terminal, credit card machine and
electronic signature capture device when checking out customers;
collect proper payment for merchandise.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician: Successfully complete the
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam.
- Pharmacy Technician (Non-Certified): no certification
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to
obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and
- Possess good telephone skills and complete cashier
- Ability to understand and operate the computer in the
- Possess and exercise good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company
demonstrating a commitment to the company's goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of
success with immediate feedback to build an environment of
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the
customer comes first... always by putting the customer's needs
above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with
respect and dignity. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be registered with the Board of Pharmacy in the state
Keywords: Winn-Dixie Pharmacy, New Orleans , Certified Licensed Pharmacy Tech, Healthcare , Luling, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!