Certified Nursing Assistant - FT Nights - Slidell
Company: PAM Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Certified Nursing AssistantThe Certified Nursing Assistant is
responsible for performing various patient care activities and
accommodative services under the general supervision of a
Registered or Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse. Performs patient
care activities within the limits of the position. Does not
administer medications or therapy. Does not assume independent
responsibility for patient care. Job duties are accomplished in a
manner consistent with the policies, procedures and guidelines of
Post Acute Medical. Performs other related duties as assigned or
- In collaboration with licensed staff, organizes patient care
and general unit activities to accomplish required functions;
prioritizes workload, answers call lights promptly, and completes
assignments in a timely manner.
- Provides an appropriate environment for the provision of
nursing care to individual patients by maintaining the patient
rooms in an orderly manner and by assisting in the maintenance of a
neat work environment.
- Provides designated patient care to assigned patients under the
direct supervision of a licensed nurse, based on previously
acquired skills, according to physicians' orders, and in
conformance with approved patient care standards.
- Assesses vital signs and reports significant changes to
licensed nurse. Documents on appropriate worksheets.
- Records intake and output for assigned patients on nursing
worksheets and notifies licensed nurse when intake or output is
unusually high or low.
- Records care given as well as observed responses to treatment,
including patient's participation in ADLs. Data is complete,
accurate and comprehensive.
- Assists with the distribution and collection of patient
nourishments and meal trays.
- Assists patients with feeding, but does not provide any enteral
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, to include:
oral care, bathing, positioning, transferring, and elimination;
reports any observed change in patients' conditions to the licensed
nurse in a timely manner.
- Completes patient care assignments with special focus on
maintaining patient rights; appropriate dental/oral care; special
precautions in use of restraints and safety devices; dynamics of
death and dying; care of immobilized patients to maximize function;
care related to potential sensory deficits -audio, visual, and
- Applies principles of infection control in the provision of
- Applies principles of growth and development, over the
lifespan, to identify patient and caregiver needs relative to
age-specific needs by adapting patient care to the needs of the
patient population assigned
- Consistently implements standards for the skilled nursing unit
that promote the maintenance of patient rights to include: special
patient rights applicable to a skilled nursing unit; identification
and reporting of any suspected patient abuse; explanation of
patient expectations; explanation of process of nursing care;
maintenance of confidentiality; adaptation of care for all ages of
patients served, as noted above; ethical considerations;
appropriate reporting of patient complaints.
- Initiates personal learning activities to increase
understanding & update appropriate skills through both formal and
informal activities.QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Training: High
school graduate or equivalent preferred. Certification as a nursing
assistant (CNA) where required by state where the hospital resides.
Current BLS certification is required.Experience: None required. A
minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in an acute
hospital, rehabilitation hospital, or skilled nursing unit is
preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Verbal ability to effectively express ideas and views for
communication with (as appropriate) pediatric, adolescent, adult,
and geriatric patients, visitors, and staff members.
- Ability to read and write English language including basic
medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Ability to document appropriately on worksheets provided by
- Cognitive ability to make judgments and problem solve.
- Organizational ability to complete nursing tasks in a timely
and efficient manner.
- Capacity to relate to people in a manner to win confidence and
- Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and the various
details of the job.ABOUT USPAM Health is committed to being the
most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it
serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high
quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term
Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics
currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer
services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy,
ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much
more.Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative
environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a
variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay,
generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you
will also have opportunities for professional growth through our
Education Advancement Program.We are excited to learn more about
you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to
improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We
Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at
www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able
to positively impact our local communities.PAM Health does not
discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without
limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual
or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age,
gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with
another person on account of that person's actual or perceived
race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender,
physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression or HIV status.EducationRequired
- High School or betterLicenses & CertificationsRequired
Keywords: PAM Health, New Orleans , Certified Nursing Assistant - FT Nights - Slidell, Healthcare , Slidell, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!