MRI Technologist- Ochsner Medical Center Northshore
Company: Ochsner Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
This job is responsible for maintaining safety in the MRI
environment while assessing patients and safely performing routine
MRI procedures in accordance with prescribed safety procedures and
protocols. The Registered MRI Technologist is a clinical mentor for
junior staff and students. Education Required - High School diploma
Work ExperienceRequired - Refer to Certification SectionPreferred -
Clinical MRI experience
CertificationsRequired - Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American
Heart Association;ARRT, ARMRIT OR CAMRT registered as an MR
technologist, ORARRT registered or unlimited state license, and 6
months supervised MRI clinical scanning experience, OR Associate
degree or bachelor degree in allied health field, and -
Certification in another clinical imaging field (such as ARDMS or
NMTCB), and - 6 months supervised MRI clinical scanning
experienceAdvanced certification in MRI required by an organization
recognized by the ACR Registry required within two years of
employmentPreferred - Advanced certification in MRI required by an
organization recognized by the ACR Registry
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry
and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various
software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of -MRI procedures and technical language.
- Ability to work with and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure.
- Ability to work self-directed and to function without direct
- Ability and willingness to have and maintain flexibility in
work duties and hours (may require flexible schedule such as
nights, evenings, weekends, holidays, extended shifts, etc.).
- General knowledge of cardiac anatomy, Doppler physics, and the
hemodynamics of blood flow in relation to the various disease
- Skills to preliminary identify stenosis or occlusion based on
nationally published criteria.
- Skills to assist attending physicians with interventional
procedures requiring ultrasonic guidance.
- Ability to provide care and/or support services in a manner
consistent with the patient's age, social, spiritual, and cultural
needs and other special consideration.
- Verifies physician order and procedure to assure accuracy.
- Utilizes radiology information systems to facilitate care.
- Explains procedure to patient to ensure understanding.
- Independently operates equipment to complete imaging procedure
according to protocol (including placement of IV).
- Reviews patient images prior to transmission to ensure images
meet diagnostic quality standards.
- Completes timely quality control procedures in accordance with
regulatory standards and performing notification/remediation as
- Assists in the facilitation of departmental operations
(inventory, staff schedules, equipment maintenance, etc.).
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including
but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to
the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be
performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
Physical and Environmental DemandsThe physical essential functions
of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: -
Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects;
occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand
requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may
be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or
hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport,
storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or
disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may
increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Keywords: Ochsner Health, New Orleans , MRI Technologist- Ochsner Medical Center Northshore, Healthcare , Slidell, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!