Company: Target Health
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Overview: Assists Target Health nursing
staff with administrative duties under the direction of Target
Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments,
maintaining medical records and telephonic patient outreach.
Minimum Requirements· Five years Medical Assistant experience
· High School Diploma
· CPR and first aid certification required; certification as a
medical assistant (CMA) preferred.
· Experience with EMR, MS Word, Excel, MS outlook.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements· Correct grammar,
spelling skills, legible writing and good verbal and written
· Skills in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful
manner and using a multi-line phone system.
· Knowledge in the fields of medicine, anatomy, and physiology.
· Demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others,
· Ability to communicate with patients about their medical
conditions and gaps in care.
· Able to read, understand, and follow oral and written
instructions written by providers.
· Demonstrate willingness to adapt to change.
· Ability to prioritize workload while remaining flexible.
· Confident positive manner and appearance.
· A medical mindset to understand the theories, reasons, and
technical aspects of medicine.
· Understanding the implications of new information for both
current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
· Ability to maintain records.
· Other duties as assigned.
Reports To· Nurses and Target Health Leadership Team
Job Functions · Preparing charts, identifying gaps in care.
· Identify Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)
· Telephonic patient outreach in a call center environment
· Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by
completing and safeguarding medical records and keeping patient
· Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to
· Interviews patients to obtain their medical history.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
· The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any
Workplace Responsibility: · This job operates in a professional
office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets
and fax machines.
· Maintains a safe and healthy workplace environment. Stays current
on all training and education
Type of Position: On-site, Monday – Friday
Keywords: Target Health, New Orleans , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!