Certified Nursing Assistants/ PCTs (full time nights)
Company: United Medical Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 25, 2023
We are United Medical Rehabilitation Hospital. We are seeking,
kind, compassionate, caring, skilled, knowledgeable Certified
Nursing Assistants and PCTs to join our team in our Inpatient Rehab
- One Hospital, three locations, serving our communities in
Hammond, Gretna, and Gonzales Louisiana.Provides direct and
indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical
and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of
patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and
responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the
supervision of a Registered Nurse or LPN. Maintains regulatory
requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and
standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living,
provides for personal care and comfort. Communicates with
physicians and team members about changes in patient's clinical
condition. Additionally, is able to perform general CNA duties with
- Nursing Department:Certified Nursing Assistant:ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs
specific to the standard of care for patient's age, adult through
- Provides morning care which may include bed bath, shower or
whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, changing bed
linens, cleaning overbed table and bedside stand, straightening
room and other general care as necessary throughout the shift.
- Provides evening care which includes hands/face washing as
needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen,
cleaning overbed tables, straightening room and other general care
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains
- Serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds
patient as is necessary.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to
- Updates dietary order and orders nourishments and diabetic
snacks each morning. Faxes to dietary before 5 a.m.
- Answers patient call lights, anticipates patient's needs and
makes rounds on assigned patients.
- Assists patients with the handling of personal property:
dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prosthetic
devices, etc. Completes patient inventory form.
- Performs all aspects of patient care within boundaries of
appropriate licensure in an environment that optimizes patient
safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care
- Transports patients to and from various departments in the
- Reports and, when appropriate, records any changes observed in
condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
- Assists in the preparation of admissions, transfers and
discharge of patients.
- Assists RNs and LPNs with treatment procedures.
- Participates in and contributes to Nursing Care
- Performs quality control activities, checks and records
refrigerator temperatures and CBG monitor quality control every
- Integrates the plan of care with Therapy Department treatment
plan to attain patient's optimal level of functioning.
- Provides general nursing care within appropriate licensure:
positioning patients, lifting and turning patients,
applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting patients with the
bedpan, commode; assists ambulating patients. Uses correct body
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part one
- Checks patient for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports
to RN or LPN.
- Obtains and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood
pressure, weight, intake and output.
- Files reports and forms to correct patient medical record,
labels chart forms.
- Makes rounds with oncoming shift to ensure the unit is left in
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to team leader,
co-workers, physicians and the Therapy Dept. staff.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to be effective, flexible, well
organized and function well under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity;
ensures patient confidentiality.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies
and linens and follows established charge procedures for patient
- Follows infection control procedures. Keeps the unit clean and
organized. Meets current documentation standards and policies.
Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Medical and surgical asepsis is carried out during treatments
and special procedures.
- Response to the patient is appropriate in emergency or
physically distressful situation. ii. Performs other duties as
assigned within the CNA's scope of practice.Knowledge,
Skills/Abilities, Education and Experience:
Regulatory Requirements: High School
graduate or equivalent. Current Certification from Nurse Aide
Board, BCLS, and Six months to one year rehab experience
preferred.Excellent benefits to include Health, Life, Disability,
PTO, vacation and 401K.
Keywords: United Medical Rehabilitation Hospital, New Orleans , Certified Nursing Assistants/ PCTs (full time nights), Healthcare , Hammond, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!