Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description Do you have the career opportunities as a Radiation
Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that
is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services,
HCA Healthcare. We are committed to providing our employees with
the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array
of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on
perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and
your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) We strive to provide the
best possible care to our patients. Would you like to unlock your
potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the
growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical
Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need
to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an
ambitious Radiation Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock
your potential here! The Radiation Therapist performs radiation
therapy using ionizing radiation in accordance with the
prescription and instructions of the Radiation Oncologist.
Fabricate blocks, contours and immobilization devices. Keep
treatment records and prepares operational reports as required.
Maintain, stores and orders supplies and equipment. Verifies
accuracy of treatment set-ups, maintains treatment records and
facilitated equipment operation and maintenance. About this unit:
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed
to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
- Administers external beam, electron and photon energy, to
patients in accordance witht he prescription and instructions of
the Radiation Oncologist
- Conduct simulation including CT-based simulation.
- Perform port films to be used in radiation therapy
- Review beam films daily
- Perform quality assurance and maintains log. Report any
discrepancies to the physicist.
- Document clearly and completely, noting any reactions, changes,
films taken and treatments given.
- Fabricate blocks and immobilization devices .
- Process appropriate charges on patients for treatment delivery
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient
interactions and treatment.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Registered by the
American Registry of Radiololgic Technologists. LA License for
- Education: Graduate of AMA accredited school of Radiation
- Experience: Experiece with computers, calculators, block cutter
and immobilization devices.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete
established competencies for the position within designated
probationary period. Familiar with Impact Computer System,
- Work schedule: Cancer Center Clinic - Full-time -
Monday-Friday(8:00 am-4:30 pm) With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical
Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center
serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has
been named a World's Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing
of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000
hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of
just 250 "World's Best Hospitals" found in the United States and
the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane, our
mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed
to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our
mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and
their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally
committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a
long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to
which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service
is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. You
contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Radiation Therapist like you to be a
part of our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, New Orleans , Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!