MRI Tech travel Radiology/Sonography needed in New Orleans, Louisiana
Company: Cynet Health
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- An MRI technician administers magnetic resonance imaging in
order to diagnose medical problems in patients. Also commonly
referred to as MRI technologists, are professionals who operate
magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanning machines.
- They use this technology to capture images of patient`s bodies
in order for physicians to diagnose medical problems.Reports to:
- Unit Manager/Supervisor/Charge Nurse at Client Facility
- Cynet Health DON, Dir. of Quality Management thru Account
Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for capturing images on MRI scanners that can help
diagnose a patient.
- Follows up a physician's orders on which parts of the body to
capture, as well as follow up with the physician to assess the
images and determine if more images are needed.
- Works closely with patients to make sure they are prepared and
comfortable before and during a procedure.
- Take a patient's medical history.
- Answers patient's questions.
- Shields areas of the body that don't need to be examined.
- Positions patients for scanning.
- Keeps a patient's medical records.Minimum Job Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills a must and ability to
prioritize/multi-task calls required.
- Strong verbal/written communication.
- May need to lift/move patients especially those with physical
- Active and unencumbered state/compact licensure in good
- Evidence of current BLS credential
- MRI tech experienceEducation:
- Graduate of an accredited program for MRI tech/certificate
programs/Associate's programs Clinical Internship
- American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imagining Technologists
(ARMRIT) and the
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Evidence of minimum two years of acute experience. Professional
- Adhere to the MISSION AND VISION of CYNET HEALTH while
providing a safe and nurturing environment for patients in
accordance with the facilities' policies and procedures, licensing,
local, state and federal laws.
- Participates in staff development training as per
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to confidentiality,
legal issues and patient's rights. (HIPAA).
- Responsibility and accountability for own professional practice
(i.e. Hospital standards of care, TJC standard).Professional
- Demonstrates Knowledge, Skills & Abilities necessary to perform
patient care (within scope of practice) utilizing hospital
resources and services.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of clinical risk
- Demonstrates effective working relationships with all health
care team members, patients, patient's family and or significant
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times, utilizing effective
communication skills, and referring to proper authority (Charge RN,
Supervisor, Department/Unit Heads) as need arises.
Required for Onboarding
Keywords: Cynet Health, New Orleans , MRI Tech travel Radiology/Sonography needed in New Orleans, Louisiana, Healthcare , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!