CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: Angels of Love Home Care Agency
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Angels Of Love Home Care & Staffing
Looking For Compassionate Certified Nursing Assistant to Join Our Team!!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provides personal care and services such as:
a) Assisting with activities of daily living (turning and positioning, toileting and elimination, assistive devices, safety and cleanliness, bathing and grooming, feeding, maintaining mobility, nutrition and hydration, reporting abnormal signs and symptoms, data gathering, patient socialization and reality orientation, end-of-life care, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency care, postmortem care, residents rights, documentation of nursing-assistant services, and other tasks that a CNA may perform)b) Obtains and records vital signs and weight as assigned.c) Accurately documents all care as required by company policy and in compliance with state and federal regulations. \* Provides non-resident services such as, but not limited to, washing wheelchairs and cleaning resident / patient areas in compliance with infection control procedures.
* Contributes to the resident assessment and care plan.
* Makes routine rounds on each assigned resident and patient in accordance with established procedures.
* Promptly communicates any significant changes in behavior or condition to supervisor.
* Documents actions by completing required forms, reports, logs and records in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
* Relaying information to the next CNA on shift, or to the nurse's in charge.
* Changing bed clothes and collecting soiled laundry.
* Light cleaning and organizing of patient's room or area.
* Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
* Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential.
* Services and protects the facility by adhering to professional standards, company policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and standards.ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, or related experience and / or training.
* Successful completion of State-approved Nursing Assistant Certification course.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, lift and or transfer residents weighing between 100 and 250 pounds, see, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. May be required to work beyond their regular scheduled shift. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident's protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law.
Licenses & Certifications Required
* Cert Nursing Assist
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Per diem, Temporary, PRN
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Per diem, PRN, Temporary
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
* Flexible schedule
* Paid time off
* Home Health
* Long term care
* Nursing home
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
* Overnight shift
* Extended hours
* On call
* Choose your own hours
* Every weekend
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Metairie, LA 70005: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* Resident's rights: 1 year (Preferred)
* CNA (Required)
* CPR Certification (Required)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Keywords: Angels of Love Home Care Agency, New Orleans , CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Metairie, Louisiana
here to apply!