Registered Nurse (RN Clinician) - Pediatric Ortho Clinic
Company: Tulane Medical Center
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse Clinician - Tulane Pediatric Ortho Clinic Come
make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and
historic New Orleans! Learn More about living in New Orleans Here .
Practicing on medicine's leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed.
You can do it every day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed
teaching, research, and medical centers in the country. Learn more
about what our employees have to say about working at Tulane
Medical Center About Tulane : From its humble beginnings in a
church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in
the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply
put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining
the practice of medicine along the way. At Tulane Medical Center,
our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are
committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak
of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients
and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also
equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization
with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The
degree to which we as an organization can provide quality
healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to
perform your job. We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work
Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our
commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice,
Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing. As a member of the Tulane
Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the
leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits, including
Tuition Assistance, Student Loan Reimbursement, Paid Family Leave
and much more! Position Summary: The Clinician serves as a
consultant, facilitator, practitioner and educator for a defined
patient population. The Clinician is responsible for assessing and
evaluating patient needs, providing specialized teaching for
patients and families, and follow-up care on the assigned patient
population. The Clinician also provides education and acts as a
resource for staff for the defined patient population. Primary Job
- Coordinates the patient care process across the continuum for
identified patient/staff population.
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating the education
needs of assigned patient, family and staff populations.
- Responsible for the discharge planning process in collaboration
with case management.
- Participates in the educational development of patient/staff
and/or community as directed by unit/department manager in support
of hospital/dept goals.
- Coordinates patient assessments, education, discharge and
follow-up needs by maintaining continuous communication with the
physicians, unit/department staff, case manager and all other
necessary personnel. Qualifications Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Graduate of an accredited
school of nursing, current Louisiana RN licensure. CPR
- Education: Baccalaureate degree strongly preferred.
- Experience: 3 years' experience in related clinical area
- Special qualifications: Must demonstrate a strong clinical
knowledge base, effective communication skills effective problem
solving skills, ability to work flexible hours as necessary beyond
a 40 hour work week, must have excellent assessment skills, and
must have the ability to work within a team environment to ensure
quality patient care.
- Hours of work: 8am-5pm or as required to meet the needs of the
patient and staff
Keywords: Tulane Medical Center, New Orleans , Registered Nurse (RN Clinician) - Pediatric Ortho Clinic, Healthcare , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!