Registered Nurse (RN Clinician) - Ortho Clinic
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse Clinician Tulane Ortho Clinic Come make the move
of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic New
Orleans! Learn More about living in New Orleans Here . Practicing
on medicines leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do
it every day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching,
research, and medical centers in the country. Learn more about what
our employees have to say about working at Tulane Medical Center
About Tulane : From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom,
Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by
adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in
the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of
medicine along the way. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission
statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the
care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission,
we usually think about our dedication to patients and their
families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally
committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a
long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to
which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service
is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and
rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in
five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards,
and Staffing. As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC)
family, you can be assured of:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the
leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits, including
Tuition Assistance, Student Loan Reimbursement, Paid Family Leave
and much more! Position Summary: The Clinician serves as a
consultant, facilitator, practitioner and educator for a defined
patient population. The Clinician is responsible for assessing and
evaluating patient needs, providing specialized teaching for
patients and families, and follow-up care on the assigned patient
population. The Clinician also provides education and acts as a
resource for staff for the defined patient population. Primary Job
- Coordinates the patient care process across the continuum for
identified patient/staff population.
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating the education
needs of assigned patient, family and staff populations.
- Responsible for the discharge planning process in collaboration
with case management.
- Participates in the educational development of patient/staff
and/or community as directed by unit/department manager in support
of hospital/dept goals.
- Coordinates patient assessments, education, discharge and
follow-up needs by maintaining continuous communication with the
physicians, unit/department staff, case manager and all other
necessary personnel. Qualifications Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Graduate of an accredited
school of nursing, current Louisiana RN licensure. CPR
- Education: Baccalaureate degree strongly preferred.
- Experience: 3 years experience in related clinical area
- Special qualifications: Must demonstrate a strong clinical
knowledge base, effective communication skills effective problem
solving skills, ability to work flexible hours as necessary beyond
a 40 hour work week, must have excellent assessment skills, and
must have the ability to work within a team environment to ensure
quality patient care.
- Hours of work: 8am-5pm or as required to meet the needs of the
patient and staff
Keywords: HCA., New Orleans , Registered Nurse (RN Clinician) - Ortho Clinic, Healthcare , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!