Registered Nurse (RN) - Urology / General Surgery / Bone Marrow (Oncol
Company: Tulane Medical Center
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: September 13, 2019
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
We arelooking for a Nights Urology/General Suergery/Bone Marrow
Transplant RegisteredNurse to join our Team at Tulane! Apply
We arecurrently offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus and a $5,000
Relocation Bonus toeligible RNs!
The Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse isa
professional nurse who assumes responsibility and accountability
for thedelivery and management of patient care. S/he utilizes the
nursingprocess, the healthcare environment, and current technology
to provide aclimate which optimizes patient care and staff
About the Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant is an acutecare unit that
provides care for adult and geriatric medical
oncology,hematologic-oncology, and pre-/post-autologous blood and
marrow transplantationspatients. The Emergency Department, PACU,
Physicians' Offices, Critical CareUnits and Patient Registration
are all entry points for patients admitted.
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapyadministration and management, including
- Managementof patients with radiation implants
- Transfusionof blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Managementof central venous access devices
- Managementof spinal drains
- Bonemarrow biopsy and aspiration.
- Thoracentesisand paracentesis
- Epiduraland intrathecal analgesia
- Managementof toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation
- Managementof neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- AutologousBlood and Marrow Transplant
- Bonemarrow harvest recovery
- Telemetrymonitoring The TopReason s Employees love working at
1. It s a safeplace to work.
2. Employeeshave the tools, equipment and training necessary to
perform your duties.
3. Open andavailable communication with your supervisors and the
leadership of yourfacility.
4. A fairapplication of workplace policies, procedures and
5. Fair andunderstandable compensation and benefits.
Learn more about working at Tulane Medical Center where above all
else weare committed to the care and improvement of human life:
Learnmore about living in New Orleans and working at Tulane.
Benefits forFull Time Employees include:
Medical,Dental, & Vision Insurance
401K Planwith employer match
GenerousPaid Time Off
Long Termand Short Term Disability Benefits
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane
hasemerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to
the aspirationsof our founders. Simply put, we are in the business
of caring for others andfor defining the practice of medicine along
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us
thatabove all else we are committed to the care and improvement of
human life. Whenwe speak of our mission, we usually think about our
dedication to patients andtheir families and our commitment to
them. But we are also equally committed toour employees. You are
part of an organization with a long history ofcompassion and
service to patients. The degree to which we as an organizationcan
provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well
you areable to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment
andrewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you
in five areas:Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards,
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana
Licensure as a Registered Nurse, ACLS Certification required within
1 year of employment. Current American Heart Association CPR
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school preparing
- Experience: One year in area of practice preferred by not
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete
established competencies for the position within designated
probationary period. Effective communication skills; both oral and
written. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within
a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem-solving
skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety
of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule
- Hours of work: Shift assignments may vary.
- Bonus: * - Sign On and Relocation Bonuses are based on
qualifying criteria - Current Employees not eligible - Please ask
your Recruiter for details. Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic,
ccu, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care, neonatal, surgery,
Keywords: Tulane Medical Center, New Orleans , Registered Nurse (RN) - Urology / General Surgery / Bone Marrow (Oncol, Healthcare , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!