Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Hillrom is a $2.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of
medical technologies and related services for the health care
industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and
handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety
of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals,
surgical products and information technology solutions. Hillrom's
comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care
providers across the health care continuum and around the world in
hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to
enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
The Team Leader provides direction to service center personnel and
is involved in the daily activities to meet or exceed operational
goals and objectives. The Team Leader will effectively communicate
with the local sales and service team and customers to ensure
operational efficiency and effectiveness. The Team Leader is
expected to promote and sustain Continuous Improvement, develop new
hires and take progressive steps in maintaining a safe work
environment. This position has direct customer contact and is
authorized to transfer and/or position place patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Other duties may be
* Coordinate daily work assignments, oversee and engage in field
and warehouse activities.
* Manage equipment transfers and cycle counts to ensure an accurate
on site inventory.
* Manage parts spending and inventory to meet Service Center(s)
* Exhibit excellent time management, verbal and written
* Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S
activities. Safety training, meeting and medical testing
requirements are kept up-to-date; ensure that standard work is
* Assisting Team in achieving measures and goals by monitoring
reports from FSO, JDE, and Cognos.
* Root Cause and Countermeasure deployment to SOM.
* Actively involved with new hire process (participate in the
interview with the SOM, training, development, etc)
* Manage schedules for work, various shifts, on-call, and
* Participate in the on-call rotation as required.
* Work with SOM, Sales, Service Team and /or the Customer to
resolve issues and improve service.
* Demonstrates a pro-active approach towards safety, health, and
quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer
* Ensure Team compliance to all company policies and procedures to
support company objectives, including service documentation, SOP/WI
training, expense and fleet reporting, maintenance and calibration
of test equipment and filing and record keeping systems in
accordance with standard work.
* All other duties assigned.
The Team Leader is a leadership role without management authority.
The Team leader participates in the hiring process, oversees work
distribution and supports the manager with administering discipline
* When duties require must have a valid driver's license and
driving record that meets Company standards.
* 18 Years or Older (Cannot operate vehicles that exceed 10,000
lbs. if under Age 21)
* Willingness to travel for periods up to one week.
* Meets Expectations or better on the Year End APEX and 'On-Track'
for the current year's performance
* No Corrective Action in the last 12 months
* No Avoidable Vehicle Accidents (AVA) in the last 12 months (AVP
can review to determine qualification)
* Previous mechanical/hands-on experience preferred
* Previous driving/delivery experience is preferred
* Perform all Essential Job Functions
* Able to perform Basic Administrative Tasks
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or GED required. Two year Associate Technical
* Experience with medical devices, FDA regulated products
* Ability to use computer to perform assignments including
proficient use of required software programs including MS Word, MS
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical
requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration
unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that
the physical requirement is an essential job function and the
applicant is unable to perform such function with or without
* Able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
* Able to push/pull up to 50 lbs.
* Stand/walk for extended periods of time
At Hill-Rom, we strive to build a diverse work force through equal
opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences
each individual has to offer. This job description is only a
summary of the typical functions of the job and not intended to be
an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual
Keywords: Hill-Rom, New Orleans , Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!