Line Cook AM
Company: Highgate Hotels, LP
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 18, 2020
The Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on
standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee
Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to
produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also
responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in
the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing
* Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
* Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the
opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served
promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service
* Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel
* Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy
and meat products.
* Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper
handling, storage, and sanitation.
* Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications
on Banquet Event Orders.
* Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified
by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
* Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation
of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen
* Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment
properly at the end of each meal period.
* Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen
* Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
* Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
* Use Production Charts as specified by hotel s standards.
* Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of
* Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards
to food and storage standards and safety.
* Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen
* Maintain a Clean As You Go policy.
* Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel
* Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or
a related field preferred.
* Culinary experience required.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift
* Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and
* Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required,
according to hotel standards.
* Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling,
poaching, deep-frying, saut , braising, roasting and
* Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal
employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an
applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any
other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will
provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to
participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test
or job interview) if so requested.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, LP, New Orleans , Line Cook AM, Hospitality & Tourism , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!