Posted on: January 16, 2022
POOLCORP is the leading business-to-business distributor of
swimming pool and landscape supplies, equipment, and related
outdoor living products. Through our subsidiaries, SCP Distributors
LLC, Superior Pool Products LLC, and Horizon Distributors Inc., we
operate in more than 390 wholesale Sales Centers worldwide with
nearly 5,000 employees serving the needs of customers by offering a
wide array of products and value-added support.
Our Covington, LA headquarters provides exceptional support (i.e.,
IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, Legal, Purchasing, Sourcing, etc.) to
each of our Sales Centers. Our extraordinary company culture
encompasses a high work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a
community presence all within a family-oriented work atmosphere. At
POOLCORP, we strive to employ only the very best.
Because it s a place where you can make an impact and grow! At
POOLCORP you ll find a wealth of opportunities that support your
individual and long-term career goals. Our stable work environment
is further enhanced by our generous compensation and benefits
package. Publicly traded since 1995, POOLCORP is a global
organization with a long history of continuous success - clearly
making it an industry leader in so many ways!
The Corporate Buyer is responsible for proper acquisition of
various products. Knowledge of water treatment chemicals,
commercial pools, and/or construction materials is preferable.
- Researches current volume of purchases by category. Categories
include but are not limited to: Office Supply, Warehouse Supply,
Utility, Cleaning Service, Logistic & Fleet, etc.
- Identifies opportunities to consolidate purchases and
- Writes up requests for proposals.
- Analyzes, summarizes, and evaluates supplier s offers.
- Performs price vs. feature analysis of various items.
- Acts as a liaison between suppliers and the sales locations
with product information, quality and/or specification
- Insures the proper implementation of procedures and adherence
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to five years of purchasing desirable.
- College Degree Business Administration, Industrial Engineering
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- ISM Certification and/or courses desirable.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision care
- Company-paid life, accidental death and dismemberment, and
long-term disability insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts that provide tax-efficient savings
for medical and childcare expenses
- A Health Savings Account with a company contribution that can
be used for eligible medical expenses
- A full range of mental health benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary benefits such as whole life insurance, accident
insurance, critical illness insurance, short-term disability,
automobile, homeowners, and pet insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 15% discount
- Paid Time Off, including 8 paid holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Salary continuation in the event of illness
- Identity Theft coverage
- Relocation benefits
- Health and Wellness Program
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE M/F/V/D.
Keywords: POOLCORP, New Orleans , Corporate Buyer, Hospitality & Tourism , Covington, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!