Company: The Westin New Orleans
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Situated at the end of famed Canal Street, The Westin New Orleans
offers stunning views of the mighty Mississippi River and the
French Quarter. Guests are just steps from the Shops at Canal Place
and Harrah's Casino and a short walk to the excitement of Bourbon
Street and the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The hotel
features 462 rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite, with
Westin's signature Heavenly-- bedding, 34,000-sq-ft of event space,
a fully equipped WestinWORKOUT fitness center, a lobby bar
Observatory 11 with the best view of the French Quarter anywhere,
and a new restaurant Bistro at the Bend.
The Executive Chef is responsible for coordinating, supervising and
directing all aspects of the hotel's food production, while
maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products
and service levels. He/she is expected to provide training for all
staff, meet corporate quality standards, establish and enforce food
specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The
Executive Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor
costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of
F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not
limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules,
quarterly actions plans.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and
food production areas.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in
outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
- Work with the Director of F&B to create and implement
- Design and implement employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee
- Coordinate, supervise and direct the Stewarding Department.
- Compute daily food cost.
- Develop proper training and direction of departmental assistants
in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications,
portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
- Understand daily forecasts and customer counts.
- Coordinate all par stock levels.
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of
- Direct and train all chefs to ensure adequate operation in all
- Create menus for prospective clients.
- Review and approve weekly payroll.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items,
receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost
- Communicate to Engineering any physical maintenance problems.
- Assist catering sales on all special menus and price
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as schedu led.
Keywords: The Westin New Orleans, New Orleans , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!