Line Cook - Hiring Immediately
Company: Acme Oyster House
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Line Cook $15/hr JOB OVERVIEW: Plan, prep, set-up and provide
quality service in all areas of the kitchen. Ensure that the food
items produced meet the quality standards established in
conjunction with the executive chef and management. Maintain
organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and
equipment. QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES: Essentials
- Regular on-site attendance required.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a full service restaurant.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests, co-workers and
management to each's understanding.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexible and Adaptable with strong stress management
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Sanitation certificate.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Regular and on-site physical reliable attendance.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health
regulations, personal hygiene standards and proper food preparation
and handling techniques.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and
safely. Inform management of any equipment repairs or maintenance
- Maintain Complete knowledge of and comply with all
departmental/restaurant policies and procedures.
- Set up work station with required tools, equipment and supplies
according to standards.
- Check production schedule and pars before, during and after the
shift. Keep items stocked at acceptable levels.
- Prepare food served using established recipes, portions,
procedures, systems and presentation guidelines.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools,
equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with standards.
Maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Store food properly and safely, marking date and item.
- Complete food temperature checks before shift.
- Transport supplies from the storeroom/walk-ins and stock in
designated areas.PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT: The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly
required to stand for periods of several hours and quite often for
the entire duration of the work shift. The position requires use of
hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls,
and hearing and sight. The employee is often required to walk,
reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch and to taste
and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold, extreme
heat, fire and moderate to loud noise. NOTE:This job description in
no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be
expected and required to perform any other job-related duties
assigned by their supervisor or any other manager while on duty.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
other. Nor does it change the at-will employment relationship
between the employee and this company.
Keywords: Acme Oyster House, New Orleans , Line Cook - Hiring Immediately, Hospitality & Tourism , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...