Field Service Engineer - Mobility Customer Service
Company: Siemens Mobility
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is
what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of
infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in
the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run.
With modern maintenance solutions - from diagnostics to data-based
action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to
strategically planned modernization - we ensure your systems'
highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are
constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that
increase the availability of infrastructure for the society,
optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when
they need us - and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by
what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our
customers move the world.
Siemens Mobility is seeking to fill a Field Service Engineer
position in New Orleans, LA. The Field Service Engineer will plan,
organize, coordinate, and lead all phases of the maintenance
activities of our SIEMENS CHARGER locomotives. You will also be
accountable for scheduling maintenance activities with our
customer, training the maintenance personnel, and advising on the
best maintenance techniques. Setting a safe work environment and
proactively supporting our customer in a professional manner are
critical to the job. The Field Service Engineer will interact with
the operational, engineering, dispatching and financial departments
for the safe, cost effective and efficient operations of the
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Ensure the provision of high-quality technical advice to the
maintenance workforce to enhance equipment reliability of a new
- Ensure responsiveness and support to completion of any
troubleshooting and repairs to assigned service requests.
Non-conformance issues are identified, and improvement
recommendations are made,
- Ensure proper communication between the customer, our Rail
Support Center and the field team,
- Act as a mentor and provide on-the-job training to Technicians
- Provide feedback to team regarding performance, quality, and
- Conduit to the field - conduct regular meetings with field
personnel and managers to share company information, updates,
- Work with 3rd parties, such as Cummins, to ensure proper
operation of vendor components installed on the locomotive,
- Continually progress customers maintenance practices to support
the Charger locomotive as intended by the manual.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Associates degree in engineering or 3+ years of industry
experience. In lieu of degree, a combination of education and
Siemens relevant work experience will be considered,
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience with a railroad or
other technical agency,
- Excellent English language technical communication skills in
speaking, reading, and writing,
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including
- Setting you apart from others would be an Associate's or
Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline with 5+ years of
experience managing field operations with knowledge of Railroad
Regulatory requirements and FRA regulations and guideline.
- Ability to travel up to 10 %.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for
making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that
contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and
meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners,
society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms.
Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to
have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program,
Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We
operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens
consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and
generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United
States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to
employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html . The base
salary range for this position in New Orleans, Louisiana is $76,500
- $103,300. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher
depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills,
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, New Orleans , Field Service Engineer - Mobility Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!