Company: Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-LA-New Orleans# of Openings: 1Category: Food and
BeveragePosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status:
Where Canal Street meets Bourbon Street, the newly renovated Astor
Crowne Plaza New Orleans provides luxury accommodations amid the
beating heart of the legendary French Quarter. Discover a rich
diversity of elegant comforts and conveniences, including free
Wi-Fi, flat screen HD TVs, a sparkling outdoor seasonal swimming
pool, an acclaimed on-site restaurant and state-of-the-art fitness
facility. Just outside, you'll enjoy a whirlwind of enchanting
festivals, theater, music, cultural exhibits and culinary delights.
At the Astor Crowne Plaza, associates are family not just
employees. We offer complimentary uniforms, meals and 24/7
discounted downtown parking. Apply now so we can learn more about
Lead Banquet team in the serving of guests during banquet functions
to ensure positive guest experience.
- Check server and house person Banquet Event Orders (BEO) to
ensure that all information is accurate.
- Check room set-up to see that BEO directions are completely
followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
- Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make
contact if needed throughout function.
- Communicate all BEO changes to catering office and affected
- Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time
schedules for all functions.
- Operate as a banquet server; setting-up, greeting and serving
the guest and breaking-down the function.
- Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all
equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are
- Recap all banquet checks at end of each day and turn in to
- Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain
the major ingredients and preparation method for each item to be
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Superior communication skills to provide information and
associated services to hotel management and guests.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans, New Orleans , Banquet Captain, Hospitality & Tourism , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!