Payroll Specialist - Dickory
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: February 16, 2020
We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942,
but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal,
lead, educate, andinnovate.Webelieve that every award earned, every
record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated
employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support
those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come
make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future
This job assumes responsibility for processing Payroll for 25,000+
US based employees on a bi-weekly or more frequent basis. Shares
responsibility for all Payroll operations office functions in the
absence of the manager. Must be able to maintain absolute
confidentiality in the handling of documents and provide complete
and accurate attention to detail. Ensures that essential
information is communicated to the Payroll Director or Manager
Required -High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred -Bachelor's degree plus 2 years payroll experience
Required -3 years experience with bookkeeping, payroll systems and
processing or an accounting setting OR 1 year payroll experience
with a Bachelor's degree
Preferred - CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or FPC
(Fundamental Payroll Certification) or obtain within first 2 years
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry
and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various
software packages specific to role and keyboard. Preferred Workday
and Kronos WFC v8.1
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive interpersonal skills including the ability to
effectively and professionally work with people from all
- Organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
effectively to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills
- Decision-making and delegation skills.
- Preferred CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or FPC
(Fundamental Payroll Certification)
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal
- Runs computer payroll programs and subroutines to process the
biweekly payroll for non-management employees.
- Initiates the time and attendance processes and follows through
- Responds to inquiries from employees about salaries and wages
via phones and other tools and case management systems.
- Enters all payroll and timekeeping adjustments in Workday and
- Adheres to all state and federal regulations for payroll
- Completes or responds to verification of employment from
various lending institutions, local agencies, or other
organizations and completes unemployment fraud reports, etc.
- Experience with processing wage garnishments, liens/levies and
child support orders.
- Creates and initiates transfer of direct deposit file and the
federal and FICA taxes.
- Initiates and follows through with the printing, sealing,
sorting, distributing and mailing of checks, receipts and W2s.
- Complete bi-weekly payroll audits and run ad hoc reports for
- Resolves any discrepancies surrounding payroll issues.
- Assist and support year-end payroll process and audits
- Maintain and keeps detailed and organized payroll records.
- Advises employees on matters related to payroll policies and
procedures, including clarifications on earnings, withholding and
- Prepares manual checks, stop payment notices, and provide
copies of payment records for various departments.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or
this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws,
accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that
apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance
with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy
Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting
of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or
conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of
force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or
more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are
in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight
lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light
Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant
degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but
entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3)
when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing
the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the
weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress
and strain of maintaining a production
rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is
physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force
exerted is negligible.
Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue
and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to
perform or assist in emergency care or first aid.
There is no occupational risk for exposure to communicable
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all
users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility
of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the
application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center
at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com. This
contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot
be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links inEnglish or Spanish.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Keywords: Ochsner, New Orleans , Payroll Specialist - Dickory, Human Resources , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!