HR Generalist & Training Specialist
Company: HR NOLA
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: March 18, 2023
We are growing!This is a hybrid position and candidates must be
located in the New Orleans, LA! Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus!!At
HR Nola, we celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equality. We are
always learning and improving, and we believe in the positive
impact of HR on all organizations. If you share these beliefs, read
on!This new position supports the very talented HR NOLA team by
undertaking responsibility for various complex and routine
administrative, technical, and professional HR functions with a
primary focus on the development and delivery of training programs
to our clients. This position will ensure positive employee
relations and a safe work environment for the HR NOLA team and our
legendary clients.--Essential Duties:
- Develops training curricula and/or recommends or utilizes
vendor programs that meet instructional goals and objectives of our
- Delivers group and individual instruction and training on human
resources workplace topics including but not limited to
legal/compliance, anti-harassment, diversity and inclusion,
conflict resolution, communication skills, performance management,
and many more.
- Formulates training outlines and determines instructional
methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and
effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group
instruction, meetings, and workshops.
- Selects or develops training aids, including training
handbooks, power point presentations, demonstration models,
multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference
- Coordinates or performs administrative functions necessary to
deliver and document training programs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs
and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend
changes in instructional objectives and methods.
- Assists in analyzing and assessing our clients' training and
development needs for individuals, groups, and management teams.
- Supports Field HR Consultants with client HR administrative
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to HR
activities such as staffing, training, and performance
- Support HR Nola clients with talent acquisition activities to
include recruiting and onboarding for clients.
- Be available to support clients remotely and onsite when
- Supports employee recognition activities and community
- Promote positive employee relations activities.
- Assists with client policy interpretation and administration,
including enforcement and education, to ensure fair and consistent
- Maintain client employee files, records and correspondence in
compliance with client policies, and state and federal laws and
- Producing required, requested and monthly reports as
- Conduct client new hire orientation & exit interviews.
- Communicates frequently with internal and external
- Like most small businesses, we wear many hats and there are
other duties as assigned.--Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to determine training objectives.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training
plans, curricula, and methodology.
- Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.----WORKING
CONDITIONSThis work is performed in an office environment, and at
various job locations and in multiple industries. This position has
the ability to work remotely but some on-site availability in the
Greater New Orleans Area is required. At HR Nola, we enjoy a
flexible, but hurried schedule and varied work
environment.--Education & ExperienceThe incumbent should:
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a bachelor's degree in related discipline and 2-5 years'
experience in related HR field and training.
- Have strong problem-solving, administrative, and organizational
skills, the ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs,
and strong customer service and client focus competencies.
- Be able to maintain the confidentiality of company and client
- Be passionate about HR!
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus!Specialized Skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with computer
applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other
presentation applications and/or HRIS and Payroll software.
- Prior experience and hands-on working knowledge of various HR
- Prior experience developing and executing training in person
and virtually to small/medium sized groups.Schedule:
- Monday to FridayLocal Position that Works Remotely:
- HybridHR Nola is committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a
safe, inclusive work environment free of discrimination and
harassment. All applicants will be considered for employment
without attention to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
disability status. Be yourself, Be happy.HR Nola is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
and the businesses we support. Powered by JazzHRPI207916895
Keywords: HR NOLA, New Orleans , HR Generalist & Training Specialist, Human Resources , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...