Human Resources Business Partner - Gulf Coast Region
Company: Ports America, Inc.
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Human Resources Business Partner - Gulf Coast Region At Ports
America, the Human Resources Business Partner will support assigned
operation site(s) leadership and employees on key employee
engagement topics, deploy and guide Human Resource programs and
processes locally. The HRBP will have responsibility for the
broader employee lifecycle for local employee base to include:
Onboarding, Employee Relations/Engagement, Performance Management,
Compliance, and Training across the area of responsibility. The
HRBP will have a direct report to the VP of HR with a dotted line
to the local operations leader.
- Act as the first line of contact for all HR related matters for
assigned operation site(s).
- Provide onsite support of all company HR policies, processes,
- Ensure all policies, processes and programs align with company
standards at the local level.
- Ensure all local legal matters are escalated in a timely matter
to HR VP or SVP.
- Provide, prepare, and maintain documentation on all employee
matters at the local level and report to VP, HR / SVP as
- Responsible for all HR data integrity in the HR systems.
- Assist local managers in employee relations matters and
adherence to company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Support performance management process, training and coaching
for managers and employees on goal planning, annual reviews, and
workforce assessment and planning.
- Support diversity and inclusivity engagement at all levels and
in the local communities within the assigned operation
- Assist in the leave of absence management process with
employees and leave administrators.
- Ensure legal compliance on people matters at the local level
escalating matters to VP or SVP of HR as appropriate.
- Engage the Talent Acquisition team in recruiting needs for
operational and/or support roles for the assigned operation
site(s), participating in recruiting related events and activities
- Manage new hire transitions to include onboarding and/or
- Investigate employee complaints and escalate matters with
recommendations to VP HR and/or SVP
- Manage the separation processes to include exit
- Perform analysis of turnover to proactively develop plans to
address and minimize controllable turnover.
- Maintain organizational charts for assigned groups.
- Create presentation materials as requested.
- Work on site at a Ports America location within the assigned
- Attend all leadership meetings for assigned operational
- Travel: up to 50% within assigned operational region.
- Region(s) May Include: New Orleans, LA, Houston, TX, Gulfport,
MS, and other gulf coast regional sitesWho You Are:Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Resources discipline with 6+ years
of experience in experience in human resources, talent acquisition
principles, employee relations, workforce management planning,
and/or human resources field leadership
- OR High School Diploma or GED with 10+ years of experience in
experience in human resources, talent acquisition principles,
employee relations, workforce management planning, and/or human
resources field leadershipPreferred Qualifications:
- PHR, SPHR, or other human resources certification
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements (CBA) and
or Union labor relations
- Solution- and future-oriented thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage in
focused dialogue, demonstrate sound listening skills and
communication both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to present to small and large groups at all levels of
the organization and deal with unexpected questions and challenges
while presenting. Ability to lead live or web-based presentations
- Strong understanding of employee relations principles,
practices, methods, and programs. -
- Strong knowledge and understanding of federal and state
employment and labor laws, regulations, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to utilize knowledge to make or influence critical
decisions while ensuring legally sound solutions that protect the
company against risk.
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Ports America, Inc., New Orleans , Human Resources Business Partner - Gulf Coast Region, Human Resources , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...