Human Resources Manager
Company: NOPSI Hotel, New Orleans
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Location: US-LA-New Orleans# of Openings: 1Category: Human ResourcesPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: ExemptAbout Us
NOPSI Hotel is a 1920s-era building re-imagined as a 217-room hotel featuring 76 suites. Classically designed, each guest room features refined furnishings inspired by the building's history, local artwork and the technology demanded by today's discerning traveler NOPSI Hotel offers approximately 14,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor function space. The NOPSI Hotel is a gathering place like no other in our city. The hotel is centrally located making it easy to get to. Employees at The NOPSI enjoy complimentary meals with each shift, discounts at local businesses as well and transportation discounts.
Directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function to include recruiting, training, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of associates relations activities, in order to provide each department with the personnel, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their guest service and business objectives.
- Assists in the development, implementation and administration of all Human Resource functions, including recruitment, training and development, benefit administration and associate relations activities, relating to all hotel personnel.
- Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient associates. Conduct interviews for all management positions and make hiring recommendations.
- Ensure that associates are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration and monitoring of all training programs.
- Monitor the associate performance appraisal programs. Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable. Direct and administer associate relations programs and activities such as associate recognition and service award ceremonies, social functions and general hotel meetings to maintain a positive associate relations climate.
- Develop, implement and administer policies and programs related to the management of all hotel personnel to ensure the maintenance of a positive and productive employment environment.
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations which pertain to Human Resources by reviewing current management practices, implementing new procedures and communicating verbally and in writing any new requirements. Oversee compliance with Affirmative Action Plan.
- Provide assistance, guidance and counseling to the General Manager, management staff in order to maximize the quality and professionalism of the hotel staff by listening and interpreting concerns and objectives and seeking solutions.
- Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
- Manage all labor relations activities by administering union contracts and ensuring compliance. Respond to all grievances in writing, negotiate settlements and act as the hotel representative at all arbitrations. At applicable properties.
- Oversee pre-selection activities, including drug testing; reference checks, etc., to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures. Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3+ Years of Human Resources experience preferably n Hospitality or similar industry.
- Ability to deal effectively with all applicants and associates, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures as well as considerable knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
- Ability to perform moderately complex calculations for salary and benefit administration and to forecast departmental expenses using a calculator and/or moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for a minimum of an eight hour shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to observe associates in the work place, analyze operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas such as associate performance, grooming, training, policy adherence and morale.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI106849811
Keywords: NOPSI Hotel, New Orleans, New Orleans , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!